Any MOTU 828mk3 users here?

• Members

Sorry for the cross post but I thought one of you guys might have some suggestions...

I just purchased a 828mkIII and I'm having some problems. I've tried to check tech support at the motu site but I keep getting this:

Site Error

An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

_mysql_exceptions.InterfaceError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard

Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 51, in new_publish

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 143, in publish

Module Zope.App.startup, line 227, in abort

Module ZODB.Transaction, line 139, in abort

Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM, line 63, in abort

Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 328, in _abort

InterfaceError: (0, '')

Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.

The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.

A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

Anybody else having problems with the website?

Anyway, the main problem I'm having right now is that every time I try to record (using Audio Desk 2) to my external drive I get a MacOS error (Resource file was not found -193) after I hit the stop button. The audio looks fine as I record but as soon as I hit the stop button, I get the error. If I try to play it back, there seems to be nothing there. Files show up on the hard drive but they seem to be empty. Is there something wrong with my external drive? Its a WD 320gb my book that I got last night. The same problem happens with both usb and firewire connections. If I try to record to my internal drive, everything seems to work just fine. Also, how do I set up Audio Desk so that it records to the external drive? Is it as easy as hitting 'new file' and selecting the external from the dialog box or is there something else I need to do?

Archived