No announcement yet.

24 bit portable player?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 bit portable player?

Anyone know if there's a player that plays back 24 bit wav files?
    Real Men Play Telecasters!

Were you doing better when "rich" people were makin' money, OR are you better off now?

Fuchs ODS 30, BadCat HC15, 63' Fender Blackface Bandmaster, Mesa-Boogie Mark, Mesa-Boogie Tremoverb, Mesa-boogie Heartbreaker, MusicMan 112RD

Are you talking about something like an iPod? I've been told repeatedly that iPods play back 24-bit AIFF and WAV files. I don't have one, so I don't know firsthand. Check into it and see if it does.
    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Maudio Microtrack.
      "The mics themselves couldn't give a **************** what source they're on..."
      - Fletcher@mercenary.com

Comment

Masterlink ML9600....I think my Sony PCM -D1 provides 24bit also.
        C Jo Go
        Crystal Studios

CRYSTAL STUDIOS

Comment

Are you talking about something like an iPod? I've been told repeatedly that iPods play back 24-bit AIFF and WAV files. I don't have one, so I don't know firsthand. Check into it and see if it does.

None of my 3 i products will play 24 bit.
          Real Men Play Telecasters!

Were you doing better when "rich" people were makin' money, OR are you better off now?

Fuchs ODS 30, BadCat HC15, 63' Fender Blackface Bandmaster, Mesa-Boogie Mark, Mesa-Boogie Tremoverb, Mesa-boogie Heartbreaker, MusicMan 112RD

Comment

I just tested it, and my iPod Shuffle skipped right over the 24 bit AIFF file I put on it.

Comment

I use the little Roland R-09 thingy, which is 24 bit. But it's also a recorder (good for my needs) which might not be important to you.

Terry D.
              Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

The following personal recorders all record and play 24 bit audio.

Korg MR-1
                Edirol RS-09
                Zoom H2
                Tascam DR-1
                Sony PCM-D50
                Fostex FR2LE
                Marantz PDM 620
                Mark
                "Do that again....Open your mouth and make your face disappear"..

Comment

Yeah, the Zoom H2 will record and play back 24 bit. $199.

Comment

As far as I can tell, my several year old SanDisk 1 GB player doesn't play 24 bit wav.

I say as far as I can tell because, when I pulled it out of my backpack just now I noticed the LCD had suffered meltdown/bleed/whatever -- it's toast as far as info display. (The device still plays back but navigation is blind. Luckily, it was in shuffle playback mode before the lights went out.) Anyhow, I deleted the contents and stuck a 16 bit wav and a 24 bit wav in and hit skip repeatedly but only the 16 bit file played.

Happily, I guess, the price of these things seems to have come down by about 80-90 percent so when I finally get fed up I guess I'll at least be able to replace it cheaply.

But, gee, it's not like this thing has been abused. It's usually in my nice safe back pack and seldom gets used. Ah well... disposable tech.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Working...
                    X