Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember those and actually played in one of those WLIR broadcasts. But lets not forget that the Vanilla Fudge and Young Rascals did some things there along with Producer Shadow Morton and more, as well as Leslie West and Billy Joel. Anyway, by Long Island standards it's a bit historic and still feel it deserves a mention on those terms.

I used to work at WLIR in the late 70's, early 80's... there was some absolutely classic stuff that came out of Ultrasonic... my favorite being a Little Feat "live for the radio" show. The playing and audio were of equal caliber to say the least.

I truly was a great studio!!
    CN Fletcher

Professional affiliations:

R/E/P -- professional Recording Engineer and Producer forums... serious hobbyists welcome

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
    We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." -A. Whitney Brown

Comment

Sound City Studios

Rail
      Platinum Samples
      www.platinumsamples.com

Engineered Drums for BFD & Superior Drummer 2.0

Comment

... Electric Lady is a recording studio.

thank you Fletcher -- personal peeve of mine. it's ELECTRIC LADY, damnit!
        long, strong, and down to get the friction on......

youtube.com/roccotanto (for pedal demos and stuff)
        magnatune.com/artists/lvxnova
        twitter: @bobbydevito

Comment

I'm having a Senior Moment at the moment, but maybe one of you guys could chime in and help me here:

How about the famous little studio in Memphis that Elvis first recorded at, that also churned out many later hits?

It's name is at the edge of my brain but refuses to make the quantum leap to my tongue.
          "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt about in your philosophy, Horatio."

"Live Long and Prosper."

Comment

[QUOTE=Lucky #9;33480412]
            How about the famous little studio in Memphis that Elvis first recorded at, that also churned out many later hits?
            [QUOTE]

At the risk of Fletcher telling me it never existed, the studio you are thinking of is Sun Studio.
            It figures you wouldn't get it. "A Season in Hell" was a head of it's time. -Jimmy James

Good deals with: Adam Poland

Comment

Most of the Stax work in Memphis was done at Ardent... I don't believe Stax had their own studio.

Stax actually did have quite an active studio of it's own over on East McLemore. Al Bell started booking sessions at Ardent as a second studio for the label in 1967.

While we're on the subject of Memphis, how about Royal Recording over on South Lauderdale where many of the great Hi Records tracks were cut?

Comment

Hitsville, USA - aka Motown Studios.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

AIR Studios, London
                  Member of the Epiphone Empire - where everyone is very "epi"!

2005 Epi Les Paul Classic
                  Squier CV 50s Duo Sonic
                  MIM Strat Std.
                  Vox AD30VT
                  Digitech RP500

My guitar playing has been likened to pulling a chimpanzee's testicles.

Comment

NRG Studios

Comment

John Keane Studio in Athens GA, several platinums on the wall, REM, B52's, Widespread Panic, 10,000 Maniacs, Indigo Girls, and many many many others.

Comment

Coast Recorders in San Francisco
                        Stax in Memphis, TN
                        Little Mountain Sound Studios in Vancouver, British Columbia

I've got a Brick from Stax Records. LOL
                        Support your fellow HC members!
                        PTD-1
                        For Cables & Racks, Roadcases and Case Hardware : Audiopile.net
                        For Vocal help: Vocal Forum Moderator Al Koehn's The Secrets of Successful Singing,

Originally Posted by agedhorse

You can't bridge these amps (yay).

Comment

Working...
                        X