MXL mics.

• Members

My curiosity finally got the best of me and I picked up a v67g for 100 bucks. Although it isn't breathtaking it is certainly not doo doo. I was pretty pleasantly surprised with it. Good Highs, pretty tight lows. For the money i think it's a pretty quality mic to have another LDC laying around.

A friend of mine who only does bedroom demo'ing brought over a few MXL's he had and for giggles I threw them on a drum kit and recorded some stuff with only the MXL's. Pretty surprised with how they performed. Like I said before, not replacing any of my go to mics but definitely a nice price point to quality ratio.

One of our moderators banned you - probably because you appeared to be a "sig spammer". Since this thread is evidence that you're a real person and not a spambot, and are actively participating in real discussions, I unbanned you... but you might want to take it easy on the sig for a whiel until you better establish your presence here. :)

Yeah, MXL mics are not all bad - I don't like some of them (too bright & harsh IMO) but other models are quite usable. The V67G and V67i are both very good sounding IMO.

Archived