Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool new user interface with possible mixing applications, or needless gimmick?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool new user interface with possible mixing applications, or needless gimmick?

Have a look at the Leap Motion video on this page and tell me what you think.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Have a look at the Leap Motion video on this page and tell me what you think.

I don't think it will change my mind. or way of working , never mind thinking, more gizmos.

Comment

Not sure what I'd use it for, but if I can justify the price, I might have to get one. Would probably be a bit of a learning curve, but I got patience.

Wait did I just see it will cost $70???? I'm there the day it releases for that price.
      ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ Antelope Zen Tour, Dell Precision 7510 (w/i7-6920HQ, 16GB, 512GB NVMe SSD, 960GB SSD recording drive) Harrison Mixbus 3, StudioOne Pro, Pro Tools 12, and Reaper. Belmont Bigsby, Godin LGSP-90 (NAMM ed.), Godin LGX-SA into an 11 Rack controlled by a FCB1010 with an Eureka Prom. A bunch of other stuff lying around.

Did I mention that Harrison Mixbus 3 is out? If not check it out. It Is AWESOME!!!

Comment

it might make writing automation easier/more fun.

Comment

If it integrates something like pinch-to-click, zooming, mix/edit window switching, 2D swipe scrolling, then I would be very interested. Pro Tools has so many key commands and can use so much screen real estate that having that kind of control would greatly speed up the mixing process.
          Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't have a good answer to. - Douglas AdamsViolinist in a guitar worldIf you need some real live strings on your next song, send me a PM. Check out some of my demo clips here: SoundCloud

Comment

Working...
          X