Help Identifying a desk

• Members

Hey,

So I have been seeing this desk come up over and over in some local classifieds. There is next to no info but 'Target 32 Desk' which is all I can pick out (not a native and I don't speak the language, yet)

Anyone know what this is, got any info/links about it?

691271.jpg

My old desk is stuck in Scotland and this is damn cheap.

Thanks,

Mark.

• Members

The most I could find is it may be a Hughes and Kettner piece of gear

sold in Europe. I couldnt find much on the companies acquisition history nor their vintage

gear so you're gonna have to dig for more info.

Like all older vintage gear, wear on pots jacks and and sliders do wear out and

if the parts are non standard you can forget about finding replacement parts.

The sliders on the one are motorized which will make it an even tougher find.

Unless you have some good technical/maintainence skills, I wouldnt advise buying old

junk. Allot is on the market because its obsolite and beat. Its bad enough getting well

know brands maintained up to usable standards. Getting something practically unknown

up to specs just isnt where you want to go unless you're an electronic tech that can

dig and scrounce for what he needs.

I used to repair old gear for a living and still do some purchases of vintage gear every so often.

Since everything gone digital it really doesnt make sense though. A good digital console will blow the doors off old

boat anchors, and since digital recording allows you to record as many tracks as you need, and the mixing is done in the box,

theres no need to have a 32 track console, even if your were micing a 32 piece orchestra.

Just my two cents.

Archived