i bought a kemper profiling amp the other day... you guys aware of this bit of kit?

• Members
Kemper.jpg

only just starting to see what it can do... but i'm digging it so far

let me just say that i'm not a fan of modelers... i love tube amps... this is the first thing i've tried that has me open to getting my recorded guitar tones from a digital device

just a very cool little studio tool imo

here's some vids explaining what it does

this one is long

i like this short demo

• Members
Kemper.jpg

let me just say that i'm not a fan of modelers... i love tube amps... this is the first thing i've tried that has me open to getting my recorded guitar tones from a digital device

That's really cool. Really cool- this is the first that I've heard of it. Kinda salty, price-wise, but wow- it does seem to capture what's going on.

• Members
Kemper.jpg

That's really cool. Really cool- this is the first that I've heard of it. Kinda salty, price-wise, but wow- it does seem to capture what's going on.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TBush View Post
i hadn't heard of it until a little over a week ago... needless to say i was pretty interested in the way it goes about things

what sealed the deal for me is that you can download (for free) profiles that other users do... they have a section for it on their site and in their forums... i've already grabbed some killer stuff

i'm yet to profile my amps... will get around to it later this week...i'll post my thoughts and maybe a clip here when i do

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TBush View Post
i hadn't heard of it until a little over a week ago... needless to say i was pretty interested in the way it goes about things

what sealed the deal for me is that you can download (for free) profiles that other users do... they have a section for it on their site and in their forums... i've already grabbed some killer stuff

i'm yet to profile my amps... will get around to it later this week...i'll post my thoughts and maybe a clip here when i do

• Members

That thing is pretty intense. But pricey.

The guy who developed the Access Virus analog synth modelers is named Kemper. I wonder if it's the same guy. Kemper is probably a pretty common name in Germany.

• Members

The guy who developed the Access Virus analog synth modelers is named Kemper. I wonder if it's the same guy. Kemper is probably a pretty common name in Germany.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post

yes it is the same guy

for what it does, i think the price is reasonable... spent a bit of time with it now... this thing is incredible

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post

yes it is the same guy

for what it does, i think the price is reasonable... spent a bit of time with it now... this thing is incredible

• Members

The first video is pretty impressive! I got 3 minutes into the second video and they were still {censored}ing around so I stopped it. I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video where they're probably {censored}ing around for 3/4 of it.

Of course, one important aspect of this thing is that one must first have access to a great sounding amp/cab/mic/preamp system in order to have a great modeler, right? Or maybe it has the ability to load profiles?

• Members

The first video is pretty impressive! I got 3 minutes into the second video and they were still {censored}ing around so I stopped it. I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video where they're probably {censored}ing around for 3/4 of it.

Of course, one important aspect of this thing is that one must first have access to a great sounding amp/cab/mic/preamp system in order to have a great modeler, right? Or maybe it has the ability to load profiles?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by veracohr View Post
The first video is pretty impressive! I got 3 minutes into the second video and they were still fucking around so I stopped it. I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video where they're probably fucking around for 3/4 of it.

yeah they mess around too much early in that vid... if you skip forward there's some good stuff in it though

yes you can load profiles... it comes with a bunch... plus they've released another rig pack... but the best part is other users upload their profiles to the website and you just download them for free... there's a tonne of stuff up there already... stuff like matchless amps mic'd with neumann mics

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by veracohr View Post
The first video is pretty impressive! I got 3 minutes into the second video and they were still fucking around so I stopped it. I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video where they're probably fucking around for 3/4 of it.

yeah they mess around too much early in that vid... if you skip forward there's some good stuff in it though

yes you can load profiles... it comes with a bunch... plus they've released another rig pack... but the best part is other users upload their profiles to the website and you just download them for free... there's a tonne of stuff up there already... stuff like matchless amps mic'd with neumann mics

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st

View Post

I would like it a lot more if it was a rack setup. But from what I have heard out of it I like the concept.

I do believe that is in the works. I've been following this thing for a while. A bit out of my price range for what I do now, but would be cool to have.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st

View Post

I would like it a lot more if it was a rack setup. But from what I have heard out of it I like the concept.

I do believe that is in the works. I've been following this thing for a while. A bit out of my price range for what I do now, but would be cool to have.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

just wanted to bump this thread to say this

after having owned the kemper for a while now, it's probably the single best piece of gear i've ever bought

i think for anyone that records electric guitar tones, it has no equal for what it brings to the table

you guys owe it to yourself to check one out

• Members

just wanted to bump this thread to say this

after having owned the kemper for a while now, it's probably the single best piece of gear i've ever bought

i think for anyone that records electric guitar tones, it has no equal for what it brings to the table

you guys owe it to yourself to check one out

Archived