Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

i bought a kemper profiling amp the other day... you guys aware of this bit of kit?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by veracohr
    View Post

The first video is pretty impressive! I got 3 minutes into the second video and they were still ****************ing around so I stopped it. I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video where they're probably ****************ing around for 3/4 of it.

Of course, one important aspect of this thing is that one must first have access to a great sounding amp/cab/mic/preamp system in order to have a great modeler, right? Or maybe it has the ability to load profiles?

yeah they mess around too much early in that vid... if you skip forward there's some good stuff in it though

yes you can load profiles... it comes with a bunch... plus they've released another rig pack... but the best part is other users upload their profiles to the website and you just download them for free... there's a tonne of stuff up there already... stuff like matchless amps mic'd with neumann mics

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by veracohr
      View Post

The first video is pretty impressive! I got 3 minutes into the second video and they were still ****************ing around so I stopped it. I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video where they're probably ****************ing around for 3/4 of it.

Of course, one important aspect of this thing is that one must first have access to a great sounding amp/cab/mic/preamp system in order to have a great modeler, right? Or maybe it has the ability to load profiles?

yeah they mess around too much early in that vid... if you skip forward there's some good stuff in it though

yes you can load profiles... it comes with a bunch... plus they've released another rig pack... but the best part is other users upload their profiles to the website and you just download them for free... there's a tonne of stuff up there already... stuff like matchless amps mic'd with neumann mics

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st
        View Post

I would like it a lot more if it was a rack setup. But from what I have heard out of it I like the concept.

I do believe that is in the works. I've been following this thing for a while. A bit out of my price range for what I do now, but would be cool to have.
        ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ Metric Halo 2882 Expanded +DSP, Event 20/20 bas, Etymotic ER4-PT and HF3, MacBook Pro 15" (early 2011 w/2.2 ghz i7 quad, 8GB Ram, 480 GB SSD), Pro Tools 11, Harrison Mixbus, and Reaper. Godin Progression, Godin LGSP-90 (NAMM ed.), Godin LGX-SA into an 11 Rack controlled by a FCB1010 with an Eureka Prom. A bunch of other stuff lying around.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st
          View Post

I would like it a lot more if it was a rack setup. But from what I have heard out of it I like the concept.

I do believe that is in the works. I've been following this thing for a while. A bit out of my price range for what I do now, but would be cool to have.
          ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ Metric Halo 2882 Expanded +DSP, Event 20/20 bas, Etymotic ER4-PT and HF3, MacBook Pro 15" (early 2011 w/2.2 ghz i7 quad, 8GB Ram, 480 GB SSD), Pro Tools 11, Harrison Mixbus, and Reaper. Godin Progression, Godin LGSP-90 (NAMM ed.), Godin LGX-SA into an 11 Rack controlled by a FCB1010 with an Eureka Prom. A bunch of other stuff lying around.

Comment

For some reason, this interests me more than the

I never got to really see / hear the demo in the depth I wanted at NAMM, but they definitely interest me.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

For some reason, this interests me more than the

I never got to really see / hear the demo in the depth I wanted at NAMM, but they definitely interest me.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

just wanted to bump this thread to say this

after having owned the kemper for a while now, it's probably the single best piece of gear i've ever bought

i think for anyone that records electric guitar tones, it has no equal for what it brings to the table

you guys owe it to yourself to check one out

Comment

just wanted to bump this thread to say this

after having owned the kemper for a while now, it's probably the single best piece of gear i've ever bought

i think for anyone that records electric guitar tones, it has no equal for what it brings to the table

you guys owe it to yourself to check one out

Comment

here's what Michael Wagener had to say about it recently on gearslutz

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/8569668-post58.html

Comment

here's what Michael Wagener had to say about it recently on gearslutz

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/8569668-post58.html

Comment

Alot of artists seem to use these more and more on the road. On my wish list for 2013
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">I like Z Cars<br />
                        and Guitars</div>

Comment

Alot of artists seem to use these more and more on the road. On my wish list for 2013
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">I like Z Cars<br />
                          and Guitars</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterM4
                            View Post

i can see why people use them live... sounds great... weighs nothing... i bet live sound guys love them

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterM4
                              View Post

i can see why people use them live... sounds great... weighs nothing... i bet live sound guys love them

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mistersully
                                View Post

I'd be concerned about using one without my own monitor independent of the sound guy, but including a powered speaker as part of your rig isn't that big of a deal.
                                <p><strong><font color="#993300">Russian Dolphins</font></strong></p><br><p>Bandcamp -Â****<a href="http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/">http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/</a></p><br><p>Soundcloud -Â****<a href="https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins">https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins</a></p>

Comment

Working...
                                X