Yamaha MR1242 desk?

Sure - they look like this:

http://en.audiofanzine.com/utilities/a.provider,m.47270,mod.media,th.normal,s.pictures.JPG

a.provider,m.47270,mod.media,th.normal,s

They're pretty old at this point, so how it has been treated will make a huge difference, but I wouldn't be interested in spending very much on a board like that today. They sound decent (certainly nothing special - they're old used boards, not magical "vintage" ones), and they are generally reliable (Yamaha generally makes good stuff) but old live boards like that generally aren't all that expensive on the used market these days - at least over here. I have no idea what it's like in Dublin.

What are they asking for it, if you don't mind me asking? :o:)

Bummer about the dust - hopefully it was boxed up - or at least covered up while in storage. Still, it's Ireland, not California, so I suspect dust is less of an issue there, and damp much more of one.

Assuming it all works, his price seems about right.

Maaaaybe Yamaha UK can help you out with parts. I've been really impressed with how well Yamaha USA treats me whenever I have need of help; hopefully they're equally helpful in the UK. Still, it's an older board, so they may not have the exact match in terms of knobs or fader caps available. Can't hurt to ask - I'd definitely start there. If you wanted matching caps and can't find one or two matching originals, you could always replace all 18 of 'em with new ones of non-original design. I believe they're pretty standard faders; finding caps that would work with those 60mm faders shouldn't be too difficult.

After Yamaha, the first two places in the US I'd look for something like that would probably be the Mouser and Digikey catalogs. Sorry I can't offer any similar Euro based suppliers, but I'm sure if we ask around, we can track some down. :)

• Members

Maaaaybe Yamaha UK can help you out with parts. I've been really impressed with how well Yamaha USA treats me whenever I have need of help; hopefully they're equally helpful in the UK. Still, it's an older board, so they may not have the exact match in terms of knobs or fader caps available. Can't hurt to ask - I'd definitely start there. If you wanted matching caps and can't find one or two matching originals, you could always replace all 18 of 'em with new ones of non-original design. I believe they're pretty standard faders; finding caps that would work with those 60mm faders shouldn't be too difficult.

After Yamaha, the first two places in the US I'd look for something like that would probably be the
Mouser
and
Digikey
catalogs. Sorry I can't offer any similar Euro based suppliers, but I'm sure if we ask around, we can track some down.
:)

Excellent! Thank you kindly Phil,that's gonna be a Great help!

So anyways...it looks like I'm getting this for free!

Archived