Pro Tools question

• Members

I know PT10 is the last version which will support the Digi002 family. Check the DUC and the Avid support pages to see if that computer will handle it. If you are eligible for an academic version, you may want to consider it as it would be cheaper than the upgrade. My wife is a student, so I am considering going that route (or I may go with Logic or Ableton as PT8 does everything I want for audio editing and I would like to experiment with some other platforms).

My understanding is that the academic versions are typically not eligible for upgrade pricing when the new version hits, but with Avid charging $300 for an upgrade, paying $249 for a new academic version, if you are eligible, makes sense.

• Members

I have a 002 rack with Pro Tools 7 run on a G5(old). I love it, works for me. But, is it possible to upgrade to the latest version of PT, or has that ship sailed?

If you upgrade to PT 10, the 002 will work, but the G5 Mac will not work with PT 10 (or 9 or 8 I think).

I still have 8 HD on my PC, but 9 on my MacBook Pro. Once they got it stable, I really liked PT8 too. I actually didn't see much sense in going from 8 to 9 on the HD side - most of the new features were on the "LE" side with the version 9 release, which actually did away with the LE moniker. HD got more busses and stuff of that nature that I really didn't need.

I really want to update the MBP to PT10 though. :)

Archived