No announcement yet.

headphones losing grip = losing bass

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headphones losing grip = losing bass

My beloved old school Sony MDR-V6 headphones are loosening their grip on my head.

The result is that the bass response disappears, so I have to wear a thick hat to squeeze them back.

Should I just man-up and buy a new set of 'phones?
    SELLING
    $40 Washburn Lyon wah
    $50 Korg EXP2 expression pedal
    $80 Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal
    $60 Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
    $600 Rivera TBR1 2 channel preamp stereo power amp
    $150 Roland GP100 preamp/multi effects/ speaker emulator
    $140 Carvin DCM 150-150 watt stereo power amp

www.jpaulmusic.com
    www.facebook.com/jpaulmusic

Probably. If you've had them for ages, they might just be worn out... but aren't the headbands on those just a flat metal band under the leatherette? I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure they are. If so, maybe the band has just "flattened out" a bit and gotten looser over the years. You might be able to carefully bend it back to a slightly more curved shape, thus increasing the pressure that the earcups press against the side of your head, resulting in a better seal and fit, and thus better bass.

Sony might sell replacement parts for them too.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

You could always try something like this with a head band:

Null.

Comment

Working...
      X