Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOT:- What's on your Christmas list?

Here's mine:-

1x Live room, built to minimise standing waves. Acoustically isolated and treated

1x Control room, with RFZ at the business end, and various diffusors behind and above the listening position

1x Long, acoustically dead booth. To accomodate up to 5 musicians/vocalists in comfort.

1x Amp room

6x Assorted gobos on wheels/stands

10x Assorted wall diffusers, moveable

Various assorted multicores and tie lines to bring signals to and from the various rooms

2x Furman power conditioners

2x Genelec 8040

2x Yamaha HS50

1x Harrison mixing desk

1x Black Lion modded 002R or 003R

1x Black Lion modded Focusrite OctoPre

2x ZenPro modded GAP Pre 73

2x Stock GAP Pre 73

1x Sytek MP4IIa

4x FMR RNP

1x Lexicon FX unit

1x Yamaha FX unit

4x Channels tube compression

1x Patchbay

Assorted cables and multicores

1x 8 core Mac or PC, overclocked and maxed with memory

1x UAD PCI card, fully loaded with plugins

1x Algorithmix EQ suite

1x Waves Platinum bundle

1x Massey suite

1x PT 10 DAW

1x M-Audio Venom synth

1x M-Audio MIDI controller

Various assorted soft synths, samplebanks, and players - Trillian, Kontakt etc

Various assorted hard drives

1x Nuendo DAW

2x SE Gemini

2x Heil PR30

2x Rode NTK

2x AKG C1000

2x AKG C451

2x AKG C414

4x SM58

4x SM57

4x Beta 58 (80's versions of possible)

4x Beta 57

2x Beta 52

2x Gefell UMT70s

6x AKG c535eb

1x Vintage Neumann or Telefunken LDC

1x Vintage Sony C37

4x Sennheiser MD421 U5 (80's versions of possible)

4x Sennheiser MD441

Assorted mic stands, cables and popscreens

1x Leather sofa

1x Coffee table

1x Coffee maker

8x High stools, no armrests

8x Straightbacked chairs, no armrests

1x Leather swivel chair

2x Persian rugs, moveable

1x Completely silent air conditioning unit

1x Bowl of cornflakes, for when I wake up from this preposterous dream and realise that none of the above will make me a better engineer or musician
    flip the phase

world peace
    <div class="signaturecontainer">an expert on what it feels like to be me<br />
    &amp; you are who you google<br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1" target="_blank">http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mister natural
      View Post

world peace

Well, yes. I'd settle for that, and a week of turkey and ham sammiches at beer o'clock
      flip the phase

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gubu
        View Post

1x Bowl of cornflakes, for when I wake up from this preposterous dream and realise that none of the above will make me a better engineer or musician

Let's at least aim for some bacon or an omelette or something. As long as you're wishing, anyway...

Nice list!
        <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;I'm a mur-diddly-urdler!&quot;<br />
        <a href="http://www.tbushrecording.com" target="_blank">www.tbushrecording.com</a></div>

Comment

Crazy list up there lol. Right now I want a dangerous d-box. Think I might sell my ULN-2 and get one. I've mostly been mixing these days and using it as a monitor controller. My 2882 gets used very little, but has more I/O and the +DSP license. So I don't want to get rid of it. So a d-box would fill the monitor controller void and add a summing mixer.

So anyone have a dbox they want to trade for a ULN-2 expanded?
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Metric Halo 2882 Expanded +DSP, Event 20/20 bas, Etymotic ER4-PT and HF3, CAD M179 (x3), M-Audio Pulsar II (matched pair), SM57, Beta 57, Audix D6 and D4, Heil PR20ut, Nady RSM5, MacBook Pro 15 2.4 GHz C2D, Mac Pro 4.1 w/2.66 Quad, Pro Tools 10.<br><br>Godin Progression, Godin LGSP-90 (NAMM ed.), Godin LGX-SA into a , Killer Wail, SD PickUp Booster, Akia Drive3 OD, SansAmp Character British, TC Electronic Nova Delay, Hardware RV-7 Reverb, Radial JDI Direct to Board.<br><br>A bunch of other stuff lying around.</div>

Comment

picking up one of these for my home studio this thursday... that's it

Midas Venice F 24.. i'll be tracking and mixing through it

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mistersully
              View Post

picking up one of these for my home studio this thursday... that's it

Midas Venice F 24.. i'll be tracking and mixing through it

Nice job!

I used a Midas desk one time only, at a gig where we needed to rent a bigger PA from a sound hire company, and they brought along a desk as well. I must have spent 6 months trying to persuade the band to buy a Midas desk after that gig, to no avail
              flip the phase

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mister natural
                View Post

world peace

Looks like it's going to be a rough year for the elves...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gubu
                  View Post

Nice job!

I used a Midas desk one time only, at a gig where we needed to rent a bigger PA from a sound hire company, and they brought along a desk as well. I must have spent 6 months trying to persuade the band to buy a Midas desk after that gig, to no avail

this was actually designed as a live desk with firewire capability so people didn't have to take a bunch of hardware comps/effects etc to gigs... just bring a laptop and use plugins

picked it up today... loving it... was up and running in no time... and just a firewire cable for connection is great

Comment

Michael Joly's MJE-K47H Capsule Head for my Octava MK-012 body.

___

Comment

mister natural

world peace

+Lexicon Verb Plugins

Comment

In-ears and two new overhead mics, but I'll probably just stick with the in-ears as I really do need them now.
                        Do you need live drum tracks? <a href="http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.drumtracksdirect.co.uk/</a>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by timmit65
                          View Post

+Lexicon Verb Plugins

Apart from Phil's 'favourite reverb plugin' thread, I've heard from a couple of people that the Lexicon Native reverbs are top notch. A really 'outboard' sounding decay, so I've been told.
                          flip the phase

Comment

Working...
                          X