Avid Online Event April 8

I just got an "invitation" in my email to an online event by Avid on April 8.

Anyone else get one of these? I wonder what they're going to be announcing... my suspicion would be Pro Tools 11, but that's just a guess on my part. Has anyone else heard anything?

(And yes, I went ahead and signed up for the April 8 online thing, and I'll pass along what I learn once I know what's up.)

• Members

I'm not sure I got that email. I did get one about some announcement. And that may be it. I'll see if I can find it and sign up. :)

And considering the amount of chatter it's getting I'll agree that pt11 is probably about here. In fact someone on the duc (or apac as it is now) got an email from a company, I believe xils labs, stating they'll be demoing their plugs in pro tools 11. Thread is still going. I just checked. However the OP has been asked to forward the email.

Here's hoping Monday brings us good news, and at a price I can afford. ;)

• Members

It all looks nice. Except one part. I'm a CPTK owner. Looks like to get to keep those features I get to pay more than PT10HD owners to upgrade to PT11HD ($599 vs $999). That's assuming it works with my original CPTK license.

Aside from that pt11 does look awesome. Supposedly much more efficient. Non realtime bounces. Up to 150x faster. While maintaining sample accuracy. New metering. Gain reduction metering. It looks really nice. Hopefully they rethink the CPTK pricing. Or I may take my business elsewhere.

• Moderators

Well, yeah Phil. It is a concern for sure. My Waves, my Massey, and what else? Melodyne... But I do think a new plug-in format is long overdue. I almost really dig the channel strip based on Euphonix or

whatever they are called.

One can hope that the individual vendors will be kind in their upgrade paths.

• Members

I think I can sum up my plugin compatibility concerns with three letters: U A D.

Especially since there's some talk going around on the UAD support forum that UAD plugs won't be able to be used with offline bounces. Which, it would really suck to gain a feature in the program, then lose it due to wanting to use a particular plugin.

• Members

As soon as pt10 was announced and RTAS killed, I started transitioning to AAX. I dropped waves and their WUP along the way. Picked up metric Halo's production bundle and the new plug and mix bundle. Oh and Cytomic's the glue and waverider. Everything I now had is AAX or soon to be AAX. And I think it's mostly my slate plugs that are to be AAX. :)

Archived