No announcement yet.

Apogee Thunderbolt interface

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apogee Thunderbolt interface

I just got this press release today and thought some of you might be interested in it. Looks like Apogee is now offering a Thunderbolt option...

Apogee Electronics

Apogee Electronics Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge -
    64 channel Thunderbolt

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Hope to see windows drivers for Thuderbolt...

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

steviemixx wrote:

Hope to see windows drivers for Thuderbolt...

Indeed, although in the past, Apogee has always been a pretty Mac-centric company, haven't they?

However, there are others with Thunderbolt interfaces... Avid and Universal Audio both have Thunderbolt-ready systems. I believe both will work with Windows systems now.

BTW, how is the state of Thunderbolt on the Windows platform? I have not been staying as up to date on that as I probably should. Are PC systems starting to ship with onboard Thunderbolt interfaces built-in, or do you have to buy a third party PCI-e card and install it yourself? How's the availability on PCI-e cards?

• Working...
    X