Mi Gibson Les Paul Standard 1976

• Members

Me acabo de encontrar esta referencia que aplica a mi LP Standard 76, y ahora me considero suertudo con semejante exclusividad :cool:

The Standard was not in production from 1971 through 1975. They were only available by special order only. In 1976 Gibson re-introduced the standard, and only 26 were manufactured. You will see a few 76's with the "Standard" truss rod cover, but if you look at the back of the headstock it will say " Les Paul Deluxe" and the serial number will NOT have a number starting with "00". The other determining factor,(besides the large patent number pickups) is the 4 peice pancake body.

The production numbers are available in the Gibson Guitar Book. Some day the rarity of this guitar will come to light and I expect the value to rise considerably. If you look at the pricing of the Standards of the late fifties, another limited run, you will see that they are the highest priced production models of Les Pauls.

The 2007 Vintage Guitar Price Guide lists this at $2500.00 to $3300.00. It may have gone up in the 2009 guide, I would expect that.

S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Me acabo de encontrar esta referencia que aplica a mi LP Standard 76, y ahora me considero suertudo con semejante exclusividad :cool:

The Standard was not in production from 1971 through 1975. They were only available by special order only. In 1976 Gibson re-introduced the standard, and only 26 were manufactured. You will see a few 76's with the "Standard" truss rod cover, but if you look at the back of the headstock it will say " Les Paul Deluxe" and the serial number will NOT have a number starting with "00". The other determining factor,(besides the large patent number pickups) is the 4 peice pancake body.

The production numbers are available in the Gibson Guitar Book. Some day the rarity of this guitar will come to light and I expect the value to rise considerably. If you look at the pricing of the Standards of the late fifties, another limited run, you will see that they are the highest priced production models of Les Pauls.

The 2007 Vintage Guitar Price Guide lists this at $2500.00 to $3300.00. It may have gone up in the 2009 guide, I would expect that.

S

Archived