Why users still use MAC OS9

Admit it...the Amiga wiped the floor with both Mac and Windows.

For video - sure. There wasn't anything close to Video Toaster on the Mac or PC at the time.

At that time, for music, I preferred the Atari ST, due to its built-in MIDI ports and because of programs like Notator.

• Members

I still have system 6 and 7 running on a couple of old Macs. Not often, but it's the thought that counts.

Ha, Amiga, I still have a 500 around here somewhere that I used for something or other in the 80s.

Must've had 12 Atari 1050/520s around here at one point. Probably a C64 still around. I'm sure I still have a few Sequential Cir C64 midi interfaces.

To defy all logic, I have five perfectly running Packard Bell 286/386/pentium computers. I don't run them often, but again, it's the thought. I hereby condemn all of those who gave Packard Bell such a hard time in the media and courts....oops, those guys are probably all dead or senile by now.

Dos 6.2 is king. It boots up faster than my nvme drives

I hate Apple

Long live Geocities

Long live Amstrad and Zeos.

• CMS Author

Must've had 12 Atari 1050/520s around here at one point. Probably a C64 still around. I'm sure I still have a few Sequential Cir C64 midi interfaces.

I still have a VIC-20 in the closet. I'm just waiting for them to start going for $1,000 before I let it go. I'll throw in a black & white TV set to go along with it, and the assembly language programming ROM and cassette drive.

And of course, there are plenty of Windows XP computers here.

• Members
Admit it...the Amiga wiped the floor with both Mac and Windows.

Yep. And mine is set up and ready to go with Bars&Pipes. The other good thing about computers that are too slow for the internet. THEY ARE TOO SLOW FOR THE INTERNET. No threats from scammers trying to empty my wallet with ransomware.

I also just discovered today that my long abandoned Bitheadz Unity packages will run on this. They no longer run on my windows windows. BTW I'm a Windows/ Amiga guy. A friend gave me the Powermac which was in a closet for 10 years and I just recently picked up one of the first 350MHZ G4 towers..originally with only 64 megs...this one has 440 megs and can be expanded to 1 GB.

WEIRD OS THOUGH! I dragged a bunch of stuff off of a USB KEY onto the desktop thinking that it was copied only to realize that it was removed as soon as I unplugged the key.

Dan

Archived