GAME OVER! And the winner is.....

• Members
No hints?

Well, I did give the hint about the record label color scheme. Capital had that swirly red/orange label as an update to the really old Capital label from the 50s that was purple. So think swirly red/orange, and think also....the snippet was from a song that was the next single released after the band had maybe their all-time single hit.

Geez, that should give it away, no??

nat

• Members
Iron Butterfly' date=' Deep Purple or the Doors but the song I can't name. Why is the volume so low on the clip?[/quote']

Right era, but none of those bands.

Sorry the volume is low - I just snagged it off Audacity while the song streamed and cut the bit out and exported to mp3. Next one if I do another one I'll normalize or something.

Must be that organish part you're noticing - this band was not known for featuring organ, altho' an organ might show up at odd places from time to time.

nat

• Members

Right era, but none of those bands.

Sorry the volume is low - I just snagged it off Audacity while the song streamed and cut the bit out and exported to mp3. Next one if I do another one I'll normalize or something.

Must be that organish part you're noticing - this band was not known for featuring organ, altho' an organ might show up at odd places from time to time.

nat

:lol: Ok, I like an audio puzzle. Thanks for the exclusion hints.

• Members

Ok, game over. Our one esteemed guesser was so very close....yes, it was on Smiley Smile after Smile fell apart.

Was I the only one who was on pins and needles for the next single release by the Beach Boys after Good Vibrations?

Here's the hint snippet expanded to include the title hook....

https://soundcloud.com/natwhilkii1/heroesandvillians

I might try another one, easier format. I think it will be maybe 10 tracks lined up, each one being the first note or two of the first song/first album by somebody or 'tother.

nat

Archived