What Podcasts Do You Subscribe To?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Podcasts Do You Subscribe To?

I`ll start...

2 Hours With Matt Pinfield... some interesting interviews on hear from musicians

A History of Electronic Music... fascinating show... it must take this guy days to put together one show

From Compulsion to Creativity... haven`t listened to enough to comment

Bobby Owsinski`s Inner Circle... its a bit like watching paint dry but some times its good

Freakonomics Radio... interesting most of the time, various topics

Gear Club Podcast... haven`t listened much to really comment

London Real... usually pretty interesting people on here

Pensado`s Place... good stuff most of the time

Produce Like A Pro... haven`t listened much to really comment but his Youtube videos are quite good

Russel Brand... he`s a bit confusing but I find him interesting at times

Song Exploder... fascinating show

Songcraft

Synthesizer Library Podcast... its like a slow read but it can be quite good

Tape Op... great like the magazine

The Joe Rogan Experience... podcasts are way too long but some interviews are fascinating and informative

The School of Greatness... usually good stuff from a variety of people across many lines of work

The Tim Ferris Show... I find Tim to be annoying but some of his guests are really interesting

The Tony Robbins Podcast... self-improvement stuff.... can be quite good

Theatre of the Mind... some pretty out there interviews but I`m open to anything...

Waking Up... pretty intense stuff... often over my head but again, I find it interesting

Warp 5 - Star Trek Enterprise podcast

The Orb - Star Trek Deep Space 9 podcast

That's it. And more like 'binge listening' rather than regular listening.
    The Mandolin Picker

"Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs" - John Duffy

"Got time to breath, got time for music!"- Briscoe Darling, Jr.

Comment

I never figured out how to subscribe to a podcast, at least in a way that I expected it to work. But I regularlly listen to all the programs on Marketplace.org. I can't devote much time to listening to podcastsk, though. If I do something else while listening, I completely miss what's said - I have to devote my full attention to listening if I want to get anything out of it. So 30-40 minutes a day is about my limit.
      --
      "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
      Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Tape Op
        Improve Photography
        Petapixel
        ...and random podcasts when I am looking for night photography discussions. And there aren't that many of those.
        Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRivers View Post
          I never figured out how to subscribe to a podcast, at least in a way that I expected it to work. But I regularlly listen to all the programs on Marketplace.org. I can't devote much time to listening to podcastsk, though. If I do something else while listening, I completely miss what's said - I have to devote my full attention to listening if I want to get anything out of it. So 30-40 minutes a day is about my limit.
          I hear ya. I spend a good 2-3 hours in the car everyday. Thats where I`m listening mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post

I hear ya. I spend a good 2-3 hours in the car everyday. Thats where I`m listening mostly.
            If I had to spend 2-3 hours in the car every day, I'd get a driver, or a self-driving car.
            --
            "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
            Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

you don't wanna know....mine are all Conservative political podcasts.

Dan
              http://musicinit.com/fastfingers.php An Experiment in 80's Technology

http://youtube.com/techristian My YOUTUBE channel
              Music videos at http://musicinit.com/video.php

Comment

If it's political, I would want balanced, factual coverage. If it has a specific, particular ideology or slant to it, it holds far less interest for me because, by its very nature, it's already biased.

And I don't want that. I want information, not affirmation.

And even if it's not political, I want balanced, factual coverage regardless. So there's that!
                Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRivers View Post

If I had to spend 2-3 hours in the car every day, I'd get a driver, or a self-driving car.
                  Believe, its no joy. Most of my time in the car is trying to contain myself from road rage.

I prefer to walk to work...

Comment

Originally posted by techristian View Post
                    you don't wanna know....mine are all Conservative political podcasts.

Dan
                    I don`t have a problem with conservative political podcasts so please share. I have a problem with propaganda, no matter whether it`s left or right.

Comment

Working...
                    X