YOUTUBE MOVES THE GOALPOST AGAIN

techristian

• Members

#YouTubePartnerProgram

After 115 subscribers and over 200k views, got this nice letter from YOUTUBE TODAY. As I said before, they never planned on paying many of us, in the first place.

"Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, your YouTube channel is no longer eligible for monetization because it doesn’t meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. As a result, your channel will lose access to all monetization tools and features associated with the YouTube Partner Program on February 20, 2018 unless you surpass this threshold in the next 30 days. Accordingly, this email serves as 30 days notice that your YouTube Partner Program terms are terminated."

Here is the last stinger."Once your channel reaches the new threshold, it will be reviewed to make sure it adheres to our policies and guidelines, and if so, monetization will be re-enabled." AND THEIR POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. At one point, they posted that they owed me $26. Then they changed their scale and I dropped to $6 and now 0$

https://www.youtube.com/user/techristian

DAN

• Members

Dan,

I`m not surprised. I am surprised that you were expecting to actually get paid from YT though.

We`re in the new Wild Wild West of digital content... the rules have yet to be written that favor the creators of content because everyone under 40+ thinks everything should be free...

Don`t blink, things are changing fast.

E

• Members

MAYBE Psy made a few bucks....with 3 billion hits. I think that Forbes overestimated in this article. "While it may seem like how much money a person has made from a certain product would be fairly straightforward, in this case it is actually tricky to figure out. While YouTube has partner programs with many content creators, the deals they have made with all of them are secret, and can vary widely. What is known is that YouTube keeps half of earned ad revenue, with the remainder going to whomever owns the content."

"Secret" like when you go to a store to buy something ,where there are no price tags and the salesman looks you up and down to see what he can shake you down for?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2014/06/16/at-2-billion-views-gangnam-style-has-made-psy-a-very-rich-man/#53c8d3bc3fdb

Dan

• Members

Solution, get offline, get off your chair, go play live :). I have dropped all social media and host sites. I felt an immediate lightening of my mental load. And people still do actually like live music, if it's any good. Some of course like it whether it is or not LOL.

Tony

• Members

You mean that real people actually live on the other side of this screen ? :)

-

Solution, get offline, get off your chair, go play live :). I have dropped all social media and host sites. I felt an immediate lightening of my mental load. And people still do actually like live music, if it's any good. Some of course like it whether it is or not LOL.

Tony

• Members
You mean that real people actually live on the other side of this screen ? :)

We`re in the adolescent stage of technology so everyone is addicted to their digital devices and forgot about the world around them. Eventually we`ll call it Digital Device Addiction... aka DDA and we`ll start treating it for what it is, an illness.

We`ll also start to get back to some sort of human connection after the dopamine hits stop working and people are forced out of their cocoons and start to intermingle like we`re wired to. Only after that will we see a resurgence of people supporting each other through monetary means.

Right now, everyone wants everything yesterday and they want it for free. Everything is so transient from music to movies to actual relationships that its no wonder we`ve lost all sense of values. This is just the tip of the iceberg, I could go on but once we get away from this virtual world of "reality", we`ll begin to realize, the real value and authentic moments we`re all seeking are around us if we just look up from our screens.

Until then, don`t expect to make much $$$ from your digital content.

Archived