What are you getting yourself this holiday season?

Ernest Buckley

• Members
This is the time of year I usually give myself something nice... what are you treating yourself to?

I am trying to keep my music making process simple, minimal and consistent by using a single plugin for reverb. Rather than 5000 plugins. :smiley-lol:

Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle

Mackie XT Pro.

• Members

Already expanded my UAD collection with some tasty specials including the new distressor. I also just bought on special the Arturia CMI V. Here's a fun true story for you all. I used to do sales for a electronics sales and rental place. One of my customers was Fairlight. I saw lots of cool things at the office I went into near the center of Sydney all those years ago :). The Arturia recreation is amazing!.

• Members

I just had a luthier I only knew by rep replace the broken nut, reverse my pickup swapping fiasco, install a mini humbucker with a coil tap, and do a setup on my ]81 Strat. It hasn't played or sounded this good in years. That was my Christmas present. Even better, the guy was unbelievably inexpensive, completely professional work, and was beyond friendly. Ended up staying there for an hour after picking up the Strat, just making a friend. So, double present!

Is it cool to plug the guy? Neil Sargent Guitar Repair. Houston,Texas.

• Members

[uSER=61205]Ernest Buckley[/uSER] I actually love Ocean ways, The Fairchild collection and the Neve 88RS most of all. I haven't had a lot of time playing with some of what I got. I admit I went a little overboard :). They kept throwing coupons at me. Unison plugins have become my best friends. 610b preamp, a guitar amp and a bass amp that both provide unison. I LOVE the Roland Re-201, I actually had the real deal in a band I worked with for years in the early to mid 80s. I honestly can't believe what a great job they do at modeling via software.

• Members
[uSER=61205]Ernest Buckley[/uSER] I actually love Ocean ways' date=' The Fairchild collection and the Neve 88RS most of all. I haven't had a lot of time playing with some of what I got. I admit I went a little overboard :). They kept throwing coupons at me. Unison plugins have become my best friends. 610b preamp, a guitar amp and a bass amp that both provide unison. I LOVE the Roland Re-201, I actually had the real deal in a band I worked with for years in the early to mid 80s. I honestly can't believe what a great job they do at modeling via software. [/quote']

I agree. The Unison technology is really amazing, I use the E channel and the Neve 88 mostly for tracking. I find that once I track through those with the 1176 immediately following, I`m not using much else to get the track to sit in the mix. Is the Roland RE-201 really that good? I have $50 worth of coupons sitting in my cart and that buy 3 get 1 deal is really hard to beat...

• Members

I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas, and she answered, "A new stove and dishwasher." I reluctantly had to agree, as the old ones were installed in 1977 and looked like they were lifted off the Brady Bunch set, funky '70s color and all. So, that's what we got for Christmas!

• Members
as the old ones were installed in 1977 and looked like they were lifted off the Brady Bunch set' date=' funky '70s color and all. So, that's what [i']we got[/i] for Christmas!

I think I remember that color at my parents house...i believe it was called Avocado.?

I'm sure you made your wife very happy.

Good at ya. :-)

• Members
I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas' date=' and she answered, "A new stove and dishwasher." I reluctantly had to agree, as the old ones were installed in 1977 and looked like they were lifted off the Brady Bunch set, funky '70s color and all. So, that's what [i']we got[/i] for Christmas!

That doesn't count. :D

Archived