Sonic Science Goes Wild

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Science Goes Wild

--
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I actually think it's kind of cool. Silly? Sure. But at the same time, anything that makes people feel freer, while overcoming issues that might otherwise divide people due to cultural differences is something I'll applaud.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

For $130, I can put up with a lot of slurping...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

So, using advanced DSP and acoustic science, it converts slurping sounds into toilet flushing sounds.... Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
            I actually think it's kind of cool.
            It got me thinking about Eventide's "Disco sucks" contest. To introduce a spectrum analyzer card that they developed they offered a prize to whoever could write a program that used the card to recognize disco music and display "Disco Sucks" on the computer screen. They never got a single entry.

So 30 years or so later, here's a device that recognizes ramen slurping and indicates it by making a toilet flushing sound. Pure genius.

--
            "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
            Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Working...
            X