Have you used LANDR Mastering Services?

audioicon

• Members

A good mastering engineer will outperform LANDR every time, the question is how much.

What I’d like is to see is a comparison of the robot mix along with mixes of the same song by several “pros” and maybe several amateurs as well. Then we could vote on the best mix.

Come on Craig... you’ve got the resources to pull this off :)

• Members

Why does that make you nervous?

It's not about the money, but rather the anonymity of the process or; what it appears to be.

I am just a traditionalist, you know the guy who uses the Cashier rather than the automated checkout lanes.

If I have to pick between a human and LADR I'll go with a human, I mean I know that there are people working behind the scenes.

It is still very transformational and cool, who knows maybe I'll give it a shot.

• Members

I'm the same way...I want to try and keep humanoid bipeds alive. Despite their many obvious flaws, they can be rather charming.

Actually I've found something that sort of splits the difference - Ozone 8's Master Assistant basically creates what it thinks would be a good "preset," but because it exposes all the processors used in the presets, you can tweak it to what you want. Check out this video...it compares a mastering job I did with two presets from the Master Assistant. They come very close to what I did, but I would have needed to tweak them a bit to get the sound I wanted.

[video=youtube;l5o9-_Ygb1Q]

I saw this video:

Last night I purchased and Used Ozone 8 Advanced on one of my songs.

As you indicated, at the basis, it's very accurate unless the user wish to add additional tweaking.

I am the least audio PRO but what I try to do is get the song to sound 99% the way I imagined it playing in my head, meaning at the mastering stage I should not be fixing stuff, rather, I should be polishing it.

When I used the Master Assistant, I noticed very little change in the tone but a slight increase in loudness.

I like it for what I need to do, get my stuff on the net.

• Members
I think you will find Ozone 8 a far better investment than going with LANDR.

I have to tell you, I really love it. The layout and the drag and drop UI is sexy as hell. And the Presets to get you started.

Last night, I did 5 variations of the same song, I transfer the song to CD but intentionally did not listen until this morning (fresh ears) and I could tell the difference between what these different settings were doing.

I also really love the integration with Sonar.

The best $$ ever spent on a software.

By the way, they have a deal going on right now, I was able to use my Sound Forge Key for Ozone to get an Upgrade price.

Sony Sound Forge 9 comes with IZotope Mastering Suite which has a separate serial number.

• Members

Hi guys,

I joined here because my stalking of Craig has been ongoing since I found him on SoS years ago :). Anyway, as Craig knows I love the work he does, and I commented on the video he is talking about for Ozone 8 advanced. I too had a look at Landr, I thought it was OK, but not for me. I definitely, if you can afford it, recommend Ozone 8 advanced. It is a life changer for those of us who need that helping hand to give a SOLID start. Along with the Tonal plug-in.

Archived