No announcement yet.

Gotta Give Props to Uli Behringer

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Give Props to Uli Behringer

As many of you know, in the past I have been critical of Uli Behringer's way of conducting business. However I noticed this post from him on Facebook in the wake of Harman closing multiple offices and laying off 650 people:
    Harman laying off hundreds of people - we like to help!
    It has come to our attention that Harman is laying off 650 people.
    We like to offer help and invite everyone to apply for a meaningful and fulfilling role at MUSIC Group and join our 4,500 people Tribe.

We at MUSIC Group believe that our employees and customers are our friends. Our sole purpose is to empower and provide them with life changing experiences.
    Please contact us on our job portal or write to heartacquglob@music-group.com

The cynical can say talk is cheap, and maybe that's exactly what's happening...but regardless, to invite 650 people to apply for jobs is a commendable gesture.

Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt...people can change. What are the odds with? I don't know...but at least saying the right thing is a start.
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Maybe things have changed but given this company's history, I am not sure it is something I would want to put on my resume. Unless future employers don't care.

There are places I would rather not work and also, I have been laid off before.

If they have truly cleaned up their acts then it's a great ways to move forward.
      If you stand for nothing your life becomes meaningless. The world and everything you have today exist because people before you stood up, worked hard and died to provide us all the opportunity. Get involved!

Audio Icon

Comment

I guess we'll see how it goes. I'm going to give them a wait-and-see approach, which quite frankly is generous given their many years of cheating, stealing, and screwing people over. Regardless, I will never purchase their products.
        Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

I see the Uli note for what it is... a nice, not genius, but nice, pr move of the moment. There is ALWAYS a "now-hiring.. apply today" sign in the window at company xyz. Means nothing.

Craig, you grabbed the bait imo and are now spreading the free publicity of an actual move that adds up to zero effort or promise on the part of Uli.

If there's eventually a press release stating "Uli confirms 250 people hired who previously worked for Harman"..... well.....I'd still not know exactly how anyone would verify it. But it would be a more meaningful statement.

This sort of reminds me of a funny sign I often see at one of those dingy car lots I pass in LA......"WE FINANCE ANYONE ! (oac)

Comment

The Uli of today is probably pretty much the Uli that started the company, but the company is very different today from when they made their (in)fame and fortune by making direct copies of someone else's hardware. Their largest facility today is a pretty big campus in China where they do design, engineering, and manufacturing. I don't know what kind of jobs Crown had in Elkhart, but the engineering jobs that Behringer has are likely in China. That might not be too attractive an offer for some. Others might jump at the chance.
            --
            "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
            Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

• 1001gear
              1001gear commented
              Editing a comment
              Good Korean turns screw. Good German counter rotates. Reminds me of a tale of two potatoes I read someplace.

Working...
          X