Coming to Facebook - music videos?

Phil O'Keefe

Yes, they're there now, but they are not supposed to be... but if Facebook has its way, they'll be paying hundreds of millions so that their members can post videos legally...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-05/facebook-said-to-offer-hundreds-of-millions-for-music-rights

Will they become a bigger streamer of music content than YouTube?

• Members

Does anyone accurately understand what you've actually done if you post a video of your personally-created music to FB? Have you somehow given away some rights and/or ownership to FB by doing so?

FB is getting so cluttered with FB-bot postings of endless videos and "have you seen this?" postings from people I've never heard of. Maybe there's a way to turn all that junk off....FB maintenance however is not high on my priority to-do list. My go-to procedure has been to visit FB less often, much less. And when I do visit, I scroll and skim and scan, hardly paying attention, bored in under a minute.

Except for Ken Lee's posts about his photos - love those!

nat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Does anyone accurately understand what you've actually done if you post a video of your personally-created music to FB? Have you somehow given away some rights and/or ownership to FB by doing so?

FB is getting so cluttered with FB-bot postings of endless videos and "have you seen this?" postings from people I've never heard of. Maybe there's a way to turn all that junk off....FB maintenance however is not high on my priority to-do list. My go-to procedure has been to visit FB less often, much less. And when I do visit, I scroll and skim and scan, hardly paying attention, bored in under a minute.

Except for Ken Lee's posts about his photos - love those!

nat

+1 on Ken Lee's stuff!

Archived