I'm In Love

Mark L

• Members

Felt that way about my Yamaha Montage but the love has died a little. It is the biggest most expensive plastic box I have ever owned.

I wished they still had the Motif X but I plan to get a Module.

I can relate even though you are still in live. :)

• Members

I love my old '79 Norlin era Bat wing SG...Solid Walnut, natural stain..

This guitar you posted is really something I would LOVE to have..but .not. in. faded .pink...

To me it is kind of like a novelty confection, foppish, ostentatious.

But, to each his own..

You crazy English Boys...:-)

• Members

That's certainly an expensive bit of plastic, audioicon :eek2:

There's nothing wrong with pink, guys. You should embrace your female side a bit more. Stop pretending to be so macho

Might have to pop into Dawsons and have a look at this thing in the flesh, Craig :idea:

• Members

OK...Craig is going to shill the pink Gibson, or any other Gibson, because he is an employee...can't blame him...

yeah, I think I can, :-)

Listen to Phil O'Keefe...the voice of reason here. go for a different color!

Circe and the Sirens called out to poor horny Ulysses, but he resisted...so should you..

Mark, You seem like a rather (ahem) 'frugal' person :-) from what I have gleaned from your posts here and other various and sundry music forums..also you don't keep much gear around for too long, don't seem to get attached to it, and you sell it off rather quickly...

So, with that in mind..buy that guitar in a different color...Pink is going to be a hard sell if you want to sell it in a bit...

I mean, maybe some young rich American girls might show some interest..or some mincing Lads from the North, that grew up playing with 'My Little Ponies'..IDK..

I have a sneaking suspicion that you might have had an unexpected financial windfall of late, it is burning a hole in your trousers, and you want to go wild and crazy..

Do not give into the 'bling' color Mark..:-)

'think outside the pink'

Do you want to walk down the venerable old sidewalks of your beloved Bolton, and be derisively pointed out as 'the Bloke who bought the Pink Guitar from Dawson's?'

• Members

There's no windfall, Luke. I just saw this guitar and fell in love with it. As you know (from The Asylum) I have a couple of grand to play with, but that's through good old-fashioned saving up

Yeah, I don't like having too many guitars. I have a Les Paul Special Faded which I bought/won in 2004, a Sandberg bass (bought in 2010), and a Tanglewood acoustic (bought circa 2008). I have no particular 'love' for any of these guitars - they're just tools. A bit like me...

I always associated SGs with heavy rock (Iommi, Angus Young etc.) but this guitar turns that perception on its head somewhat. It's time for the mild men of rock to reclaim the SG, methinks! :thu:

OK...Craig is going to shill the pink Gibson' date=' or any other Gibson, because he is an employee...can't blame him...[/quote']

:whisper: Guess who I work for?

They told us to run the site with editorial neutrality. We do that. When you read an opinion from one of us in a review, or a forum post, it's our own personal POV and honest opinion. Craig wouldn't BS you - he says what he thinks.

Listen to Phil O'Keefe...the voice of reason here. go for a different color!

I merely said it wasn't really working for me... he should definitely go with what works for him. :)

And Craig's got a very good point - he's seen it in person, I have not, so he knows more about how it actually looks than I do.

• Members

:whisper: Guess who I work for?

They told us to run the site with editorial neutrality. We do that. When you read an opinion from one of us in a review, or a forum post, it's our own personal POV and honest opinion. Craig wouldn't BS you - he says what he thinks

I merely said it wasn't really working for me... he should definitely go with what works for him. :)

And Craig's got a very good point - he's seen it in person, I have not, so he knows more about how it actually looks than I do.

Sorry guys,

Didnt realize you were such Cranky Otis's.

Gibson must have forgotten to send out your paychecks?

I'll just grab my hat and go now. :-)

Caio.

• Members

No worries, Phil..

I remember dear Lee Flier once told me you were a Marine Corps Officer,

and I believe you once mentioned , years ago, that your ancestors have fought in just about every war the US as a nation was involved in.

I am a Vet too...2 separate tours.

You have always been a voice of calm and reason here...

we cool, we cool :-)

Luke

• Members

Love the one you're with. smiley-wink

I dunno man, you saved up and I know you're taking your time. But I'd pick something I believe I could live with for a while. That pink could get old kinda fast methinks. Better yet, play a few guitars with your eyes closed and pick the one that feels right. ;)

• Members
Love the one you're with. smiley-wink

I dunno man, you saved up and I know you're taking your time. But I'd pick something I believe I could live with for a while. That pink could get old kinda fast methinks. Better yet, play a few guitars with your eyes closed and pick the one that feels right. ;)

I can barely play with my eyes open, never mind closed! :D

(But yes, I take your point)

• Members

You and I have a lot in common. For the 2017 guitars, when I was asked which was my favorite I went for the Les Paul Faded. I like the red one better, though.

The Faded is that it doesn't have binding and other things that add to the visuals, but don't make it any more playable. So it's a good deal, financially speaking.

The simplicity of the Faded is one of the reasons I like it. And the gazillion pick-up options on the SG is one of the reasons I like that. I feel like a guy who has a punk album in one hand and Tales From Topographic Oceans in the other and can't decide which one he wants to listen to :lol:

• Members

You and I have a lot in common. For the 2017 guitars, when I was asked which was my favorite I went for the Les Paul Faded. I like the red one better, though.

The Faded is that it doesn't have binding and other things that add to the visuals, but don't make it any more playable. So it's a good deal, financially speaking.

I remember reading that whole series you did on them, as well as your admiration for the Faded series...Spoke well of you that even with your association with Gibson, you still voiced favor for the lesser expensive models...Just another example of your well known integrity.

• Members
Mark' date=' the pickup options on the SG are pretty cool but in many cases, you can come close with EQ if you're recording. Where the options come in most handy is playing live, because you can just lift up a knob and get a different sound.[/quote']

You know, I haven't even used a guitar on the last nine songs I've recorded. All done 'in the box'. I'm in the process of recording a tenth. And guess what? There's no guitar in that either!

Maybe this is why I'm lusting after another axe...

• Members

You know, I haven't even used a guitar on the last nine songs I've recorded. All done 'in the box'. I'm in the process of recording a tenth. And guess what? There's no guitar in that either!

Maybe this is why I'm lusting after another axe...

It's sounds likely that you're going to have to get used to whatever you choose. Then perhaps the guitar that will seduce you, one way or another, back into playing would be a good choice. Match the finance you've saved with some debt and get as much guitar as you can possibly afford. Then you'll have given yourself little choice. Rawk like never before or...do you like burnt toast? :D

• Members
Mark' date=' what have you been using instead of guitar on your recordings?[/quote']

Whatever came bundled with PreSonus Studio One Pro, Phil. The last nine songs were all done without any guitars, basses or keyboards. Everything you hear was done by inputting notes on the piano roll. A bit laborious, but it was also strangely enjoyable

Obviously the vocals were done by me actually singing smiley-wink

• Members
True Story: One year Peavey introduced an 88-key, black, MIDI controller keyboard. To get some attention at NAMM, they made a one-off with a cherry red finish.

Everyone wanted the cherry red one :)

Cherry red is the new black :idea:

Here's one of my non-guitar tunes, Phil. All 'instruments' courtesy PreSonus Studio One: https://soundcloud.com/tunesbymarkl/attic-room

Archived