No announcement yet.

I'm In Love

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm In Love

This is a thing of extraordinary beauty!

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/gibson-usa-...Fc-37QodMsAJjw

new album - smoke
    forum - the asylum

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
    This is a thing of extraordinary beauty!

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/gibson-usa-...Fc-37QodMsAJjw

Felt that way about my Yamaha Montage but the love has died a little. It is the biggest most expensive plastic box I have ever owned.
    I wished they still had the Motif X but I plan to get a Module.

I can relate even though you are still in live.
    If you stand for nothing your life becomes meaningless. The world and everything you have today exist because people before you stood up, worked hard and died to provide us all the opportunity. Get involved!

Audio Icon

Comment

I love my old '79 Norlin era Bat wing SG...Solid Walnut, natural stain..

This guitar you posted is really something I would LOVE to have..but .not. in. faded .pink...

To me it is kind of like a novelty confection, foppish, ostentatious.
      But, to each his own..
      You crazy English Boys...:-)

Comment

The pink's not really doing it for me either, but I do like the other three colors.

Craig, do you know what the story is with the new pickup mounting? I noticed they don't have any traditional pickup rings...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

That's certainly an expensive bit of plastic, audioicon

There's nothing wrong with pink, guys. You should embrace your female side a bit more. Stop pretending to be so macho
          Might have to pop into Dawsons and have a look at this thing in the flesh, Craig
          new album - smoke
          forum - the asylum

Comment

Oh, I love Pink too..she graduated from Bucks County High Doylestown Pa School with my daughter..
            Charming young lady..https://www.picsofcelebrities.com/ce...ink-singer.jpg
            Last edited by Luke17; 09-13-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

OK...Craig is going to shill the pink Gibson, or any other Gibson, because he is an employee...can't blame him...

yeah, I think I can, :-)

Listen to Phil O'Keefe...the voice of reason here. go for a different color!

Circe and the Sirens called out to poor horny Ulysses, but he resisted...so should you..

Mark, You seem like a rather (ahem) 'frugal' person :-) from what I have gleaned from your posts here and other various and sundry music forums..also you don't keep much gear around for too long, don't seem to get attached to it, and you sell it off rather quickly...

So, with that in mind..buy that guitar in a different color...Pink is going to be a hard sell if you want to sell it in a bit...

I mean, maybe some young rich American girls might show some interest..or some mincing Lads from the North, that grew up playing with 'My Little Ponies'..IDK..

I have a sneaking suspicion that you might have had an unexpected financial windfall of late, it is burning a hole in your trousers, and you want to go wild and crazy..

Do not give into the 'bling' color Mark..:-)

'think outside the pink'
              Do you want to walk down the venerable old sidewalks of your beloved Bolton, and be derisively pointed out as 'the Bloke who bought the Pink Guitar from Dawson's?'
              Last edited by Luke17; 09-13-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

There's no windfall, Luke. I just saw this guitar and fell in love with it. As you know (from The Asylum) I have a couple of grand to play with, but that's through good old-fashioned saving up

Yeah, I don't like having too many guitars. I have a Les Paul Special Faded which I bought/won in 2004, a Sandberg bass (bought in 2010), and a Tanglewood acoustic (bought circa 2008). I have no particular 'love' for any of these guitars - they're just tools. A bit like me...

I always associated SGs with heavy rock (Iommi, Angus Young etc.) but this guitar turns that perception on its head somewhat. It's time for the mild men of rock to reclaim the SG, methinks!

new album - smoke
                forum - the asylum

Comment

Originally posted by Luke17 View Post
                  OK...Craig is going to shill the pink Gibson, or any other Gibson, because he is an employee...can't blame him...
                  Guess who I work for?

They told us to run the site with editorial neutrality. We do that. When you read an opinion from one of us in a review, or a forum post, it's our own personal POV and honest opinion. Craig wouldn't BS you - he says what he thinks.

Listen to Phil O'Keefe...the voice of reason here. go for a different color!
                  I merely said it wasn't really working for me... he should definitely go with what works for him.

And Craig's got a very good point - he's seen it in person, I have not, so he knows more about how it actually looks than I do.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Guess who I work for?

They told us to run the site with editorial neutrality. We do that. When you read an opinion from one of us in a review, or a forum post, it's our own personal POV and honest opinion. Craig wouldn't BS you - he says what he thinks

I merely said it wasn't really working for me... he should definitely go with what works for him.

And Craig's got a very good point - he's seen it in person, I have not, so he knows more about how it actually looks than I do.

Sorry guys,
                    Didnt realize you were such Cranky Otis's.
                    Gibson must have forgotten to send out your paychecks?
                    I'll just grab my hat and go now. :-)
                    Caio.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as cranky, and I'm certainly not trying to drive you away...

- George Carlin

Comment

No worries, Phil..
                        I remember dear Lee Flier once told me you were a Marine Corps Officer,

and I believe you once mentioned , years ago, that your ancestors have fought in just about every war the US as a nation was involved in.
                        I am a Vet too...2 separate tours.

You have always been a voice of calm and reason here...
                        we cool, we cool :-)

Luke
                        Last edited by Luke17; 09-14-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Alls I know is I've missed my Black '75 Les Paul Custom since hard times forced me to sell it. If I could get it back I wouldn't care if the guy I sold it to painted it Hot Pink and had "My Little Pony" airbrushed all over it.
                          http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

The thing is, I also really like this: https://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/gi...p-2017-wb.html

It's a lot less expensive. What's a guy to do?
                            new album - smoke
                            forum - the asylum

Comment

Love the one you're with.

I dunno man, you saved up and I know you're taking your time. But I'd pick something I believe I could live with for a while. That pink could get old kinda fast methinks. Better yet, play a few guitars with your eyes closed and pick the one that feels right.

Comment

Working...
                              X