Hey Phil!

Mark L

• Members

Keep that mixing desk warm. I'll be over in 2030 when I've saved enough for the air fare, accommodation, cab fares, and your fees as recording engineer and producer. As well as the wages for all the session guys we'll need :rawk::D

:lol:

Assuming I'm still around then and can afford to do so, I'll waive my fees and take points on the record instead. I'll even see if I can get some players to come in and do me a favor, and I have a spare room you could crash out in... but you're on your own for the air fare though. ;)

• CMS Author

Air fares are one of the better bargains these days, but you need to buy your ticket at the right time. Fares can change a few times in an hour. The trick is to shop around a couple of months before you want to go to get a sense of the days when fares are lowest. Check a few calendars to make sure there's nothing going on where you're flying to that would cause a big travel rush on one or two days, and decide what's a reasonable price to pay for your ticket. Then, maybe 3-4 weeks before you plan to travel, check fares a few times a day and when you find one that's close enough to your target, buy it.

It's hotel rates and car rentals that have gone crazy around here in the past year.

• Members
Air fares are one of the better bargains these days, but you need to buy your ticket at the right time. Fares can change a few times in an hour. The trick is to shop around a couple of months before you want to go to get a sense of the days when fares are lowest. Check a few calendars to make sure there's nothing going on where you're flying to that would cause a big travel rush on one or two days, and decide what's a reasonable price to pay for your ticket. Then, maybe 3-4 weeks before you plan to travel, check fares a few times a day and when you find one that's close enough to your target, buy it.

It's hotel rates and car rentals that have gone crazy around here in the past year.

Good advice, Mike. Thanks :)

Ah' date=' so [i']that's[/i] what nachos look like. That single serving for an American would probably feed about 4 of us Brits

And here's where I mention that it's because it takes 4 Brits to equal one American, but then you'd counter with "yeah, around the waist", and really, who could argue with that, so what's the point of saying anything to begin with? ;):D

Cold beer? You actually keep your beer in the fridge? What's wrong with you people??? :freak:

Some of us don't have basements to store it in to keep it "cool", so we had to improvise and adapt. Turns out it's actually more refreshing that way... especially when it's 100 degrees (that's 37.7778 degrees to the rest of the world) outside. ;)

Of course, drowning in your own sweat will probably be another new experience for you - what's a hot day over there - 70 (21.1111) degrees?

• CMS Author
Ah' date=' so [i']that's[/i] what nachos look like. That single serving for an American would probably feed about 4 of us Brits

It feeds about 4 normal Americans, too. Nobody actually eats nachos as a meal, it's something to keep busy with when you're drinking beer.

Cold beer? You actually keep your beer in the fridge? What's wrong with you people??? :freak:

Q: Why do the British drink beer at room temperature?

A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

For those not old enough to remember "British sports cars," Lucas Electric was the company that made the electrical/ignition systems for the majority of the cars over there between the 1940s and 1960s. They had a reputation for not starting, stalling out due to ignition failures, and for flickering headlamps.

• Members

If it gets above about 75 degrees (Fahrenheit) I start to melt. We're not used to too much sunshine in the UK. There's a reason this is a 'green and pleasant land' - it's always bloody raining!

I was kidding you about the beer, by the way. There used to be a thing about Londoners liking their beer at room temperature. Not sure if it's true any more. Here in the more civilized north we like it nice and cold from the fridge. Even if it's cold outside. Which it invariably is :(

• Members
If it gets above about 75 degrees (Fahrenheit) I start to melt. We're not used to too much sunshine in the UK. There's a reason this is a 'green and pleasant land' - it's always bloody raining!

I was kidding you about the beer, by the way. There used to be a thing about Londoners liking their beer at room temperature. Not sure if it's true any more. Here in the more civilized north we like it nice and cold from the fridge. Even if it's cold outside. Which it invariably is :(

I live In Texas...Where it gets cold for around 30 minutes a year....Where we are also prone to exaggeration....About everything really....And for some reason I don't know, yet blindly accept, we like eating very hot foods when it's hot outside..Which it invariably is[/i}.

We do like our beer cold though..

• Members

great info Mike..we do this all the time since we fly back and forth to Our place in Puerto Rico 4-6 times a year...

true Dat about car rentals..like through the roof in the last two years.but deals can be had if you look enough.

Archived