No announcement yet.

Hey Phil!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
    These are pulled pork nachos Mark..Ya wash 'em down with cold beer and good friends..

The "cold" beer might be a bit of a new experience for him too...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

The "cold" beer might be a bit of a new experience for him too...
      WHAT? The poor British haven't discovered refrigeration yet?
      http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Ah, so that's what nachos look like. That single serving for an American would probably feed about 4 of us Brits

Cold beer? You actually keep your beer in the fridge? What's wrong with you people???
        smoke - new album
        the mirror - album
        storm - album
        the asylum - forum

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
          Phil O'Keefe commented
          Editing a comment
          To be fair, that looks like a plate that's designed to be shared by everyone at the table. Of course, there are Americans who think it's a single serving...

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
        Ah, so that's what nachos look like. That single serving for an American would probably feed about 4 of us Brits
        And here's where I mention that it's because it takes 4 Brits to equal one American, but then you'd counter with "yeah, around the waist", and really, who could argue with that, so what's the point of saying anything to begin with?

Cold beer? You actually keep your beer in the fridge? What's wrong with you people???
        Some of us don't have basements to store it in to keep it "cool", so we had to improvise and adapt. Turns out it's actually more refreshing that way... especially when it's 100 degrees (that's 37.7778 degrees to the rest of the world) outside.

Of course, drowning in your own sweat will probably be another new experience for you - what's a hot day over there - 70 (21.1111) degrees?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

It feeds about 4 normal Americans, too. Nobody actually eats nachos as a meal, it's something to keep busy with when you're drinking beer.

Q: Why do the British drink beer at room temperature?

A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators.

For those not old enough to remember "British sports cars," Lucas Electric was the company that made the electrical/ignition systems for the majority of the cars over there between the 1940s and 1960s. They had a reputation for not starting, stalling out due to ignition failures, and for flickering headlamps.

--
          "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
          Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

• Luke17
            Luke17 commented
            Editing a comment
            AMEN!
            I owned 2 MGA1600s, a TR3 and Two AH Bugeye Sprites. :-)

• Phil O'Keefe
            Phil O'Keefe commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup - used to have an MGB. It was, by far, the most mechanically challenged car I've ever owned.

If it gets above about 75 degrees (Fahrenheit) I start to melt. We're not used to too much sunshine in the UK. There's a reason this is a 'green and pleasant land' - it's always bloody raining!

I was kidding you about the beer, by the way. There used to be a thing about Londoners liking their beer at room temperature. Not sure if it's true any more. Here in the more civilized north we like it nice and cold from the fridge. Even if it's cold outside. Which it invariably is
          smoke - new album
          the mirror - album
          storm - album
          the asylum - forum

Comment

• philboking
            philboking commented
            Editing a comment
            Real beer tastes better when warm. It's one way to tell if a beer is any good - you don't have to freeze your taste buds to tolerate the flavor.

If it gets above about 75 degrees (Fahrenheit) I start to melt. We're not used to too much sunshine in the UK. There's a reason this is a 'green and pleasant land' - it's always bloody raining!

I was kidding you about the beer, by the way. There used to be a thing about Londoners liking their beer at room temperature. Not sure if it's true any more. Here in the more civilized north we like it nice and cold from the fridge. Even if it's cold outside. Which it invariably is

I live In Texas...Where it gets cold for around 30 minutes a year....Where we are also prone to exaggeration....About everything really....And for some reason I don't know, yet blindly accept, we like eating very hot foods when it's hot outside..[i]Which it invariably is[/i}.

We do like our beer cold though..
          http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post

WHAT? The poor British haven't discovered refrigeration yet?
            They don't really need it - the daytime temperature never goes above 70 degrees, so they just toss the beer in the basement and call it good.

- George Carlin

Comment

They don't really need it - the daytime temperature never goes above 70 degrees, so they just toss the beer in the basement and call it good.
              I don't know what goes on in the basement - that's my butler's domain. We all have butlers in England, you know. Even plebs like me have them!

One thing I do know is that he keeps my cricket bat well-oiled. And that's not a euphemism....
              smoke - new album
              the mirror - album
              storm - album
              the asylum - forum

Comment

I don't know what goes on in the basement - that's my butler's domain. We all have butlers in England, you know. Even plebs like me have them!

One thing I do know is that he keeps my cricket bat well-oiled. And that's not a euphemism....

What I want to know is... do English butlers have butlers?

- George Carlin

Comment

What I want to know is... do English butlers have butlers?
                  Well, they have what are called 'special boys'. No idea what that means. It's a closed shop. But hey, that's England for you
                  smoke - new album
                  the mirror - album
                  storm - album
                  the asylum - forum

Comment

Working...
                  X