Quincy Jones = $9.4 Million, Michael Jackson's estate = 0

Looks like Quincy Jones prevailed in his lawsuit against Michael Jackson's estate for money he was owed for production work on some of Michael's biggest records.

While it wasn't the full $30 million he was suing for, it's far more than the few hundred thousand the estate was claiming he was owed.

Congratulations Q - good for you! :philthumb:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-quincy-jones-michael-jackson-dispute-20170726-story.html

• Members
Looks like Quincy Jones prevailed in his lawsuit against Michael Jackson's estate for money he was owed for production work on some of Michael's biggest records.

While it wasn't the full $30 million he was suing for, it's far more than the few hundred thousand the estate was claiming he was owed.

Congratulations Q - good for you! :philthumb:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-quincy-jones-michael-jackson-dispute-20170726-story.html

Saw this on MSN front page but the headline implied and so did not read.

So are they going to shell out big chunks or try to pay pennies on the dollar.

They should pay the man while he is able to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

• Members

I had the good fortune of interviewing Quincy Jones around the time "The Color Purple" was released, and spent several hours chatting about music and such. Q is a super-nice person, a gentleman, extremely knowledgeable and kind. Michael Jackson was a monster talent, but he needed Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien to get that talent across. I'm glad Q got some kind of resolution.

Michael Jackson was a monster talent' date=' but he needed Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien to get that talent across. I'm glad Q got some kind of resolution.[/quote']

Me too.

Very few people are able to do it all on their own. No man (or woman) is an island - it nearly always takes a talented team to make a great record - even for mega-talented artists like Michael Jackson.

Archived