Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anonymous hacker group claims NASA is 'on the verge' of confirming alien life

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a big difference between "Our civilization is on the verge of discovering evidence of alien life in the cosmos" compared to going to Wal-Mart and finding them walking among us.

However I do believe life will be found before too long. I’d place my bets on something like lichen in the craters on Mars. Even on earth, life can exist in extremely hostile conditions.

My father consulted to NASA, and he said the idea that NASA is hiding evidence of extra-terrestrial life is ridiculous. He said they’d like nothing better, because then their budget wouldn’t keep getting cut. If they could show artifacts on the moon, they wouldn’t have any trouble getting the budget to go back and find out more.

As to UFOs, the key word is “unidentified.” But I think it’s significant that commercial pilots, air traffic controllers, the military, and law enforcement have all sighted large flying objects (not just lights in the sky). Yet none of these people has ever been examined or grounded. If a commercial pilot said he saw a giant cigar travelling at a zillion miles an hour and making right-angle turns, I don’t think he’d be flying much longer. But if he said he saw a giant cigar-shaped metal object travelling at a zillion miles an hour and making right-angle turns, they just let him keep on flying. Hmmm…
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post
      There's a big difference between "Our civilization is on the verge of discovering evidence of alien life in the cosmos" compared to going to Wal-Mart and finding them walking among us.

However I do believe life will be found before too long. I’d place my bets on something like lichen in the craters on Mars. Even on earth, life can exist in extremely hostile conditions.
      I agree - or some sort of lifeforms living in the subsurface oceans on Europa or Enceladus. Usually wherever there's liquid water, we find life - at least on earth - and there are plenty of examples of life on earth existing in extremely harsh conditions that are similar to what we expect we'll find on those moons.

My father consulted to NASA, and he said the idea that NASA is hiding evidence of extra-terrestrial life is ridiculous. He said they’d like nothing better, because then their budget wouldn’t keep getting cut. If they could show artifacts on the moon, they wouldn’t have any trouble getting the budget to go back and find out more.
      I have friends and family members who have worked at the Cape, at JPL and Caltech and they all echo that sentiment. NASA won't hesitate to announce it if they discover evidence of life somewhere else.

As to UFOs, the key word is “unidentified.” But I think it’s significant that commercial pilots, air traffic controllers, the military, and law enforcement have all sighted large flying objects (not just lights in the sky). Yet none of these people has ever been examined or grounded. If a commercial pilot said he saw a giant cigar travelling at a zillion miles an hour and making right-angle turns, I don’t think he’d be flying much longer. But if he said he saw a giant cigar-shaped metal object travelling at a zillion miles an hour and making right-angle turns, they just let him keep on flying. Hmmm…
      Again, it comes back to the word "unidentified", as you said. A lot of what is "seen" are things I suspect the US Government is doing, but doesn't want to acknowledge. Two examples - both the F-117 and the B-2. A B-2 flew over my house fairly low a few months ago, and I was struck by how "flying saucer-like" it appeared from certain angles. Before they were announced to the public (and even afterwards) I can see how someone sighting one might think they were seeing a flying saucer of some kind. Similarly, several UFO sightings near Tonopah NV were later determined to be F-117 sightings and not aliens.

I'm open-minded to the possibility of alien visitations, but at the same time, I'm pretty deep into science and astronomy, and the fundamental laws of physics as we understand them say that to travel near light speed requires tremendous amounts of energy, and to travel at light speed requires essentially infinite energy. Unless they're able to use wormholes, the time / distance equations make rapid interstellar travel impractical and unlikely.

Or maybe they're inter-dimensional beings. That's certainly a possibility. But again, any being capable of lightspeed travel or interdimensional travel would be so far advanced compared to us that we'd never spot them unless they wanted us to.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Take this with a grain of salt or less. The older I get the more I see the quest to discover alien life as a misnomer. I think it has more to validate our own idea of "intelligence", our reasons for planting ourselves at the top of the food chain.
        We might find a splendidly complex creature out there that has no interest in being sociable with its would-be friends from Earth. Grasping this could help us avoid unpleasant misunderstandings—like that moment at the end of Stanislaw Lem’s novel “Fiasco” where an astronaut, having hacked away at some unsightly mounds on the ground, comes to realize that the mounds are the intelligent aliens he was looking for.
        The above is from this article: What Makes An Alien Intelligent. Not many ask why there seems to be a lack of interest in inner species communication here on earth. Historically science goes out of its way to distinguish us from everything else on the planet. From walking upright, to the opposable thumb, tool making, to complex language, etc, etc .

So if the UFO lands and we discover the aliens looked like dolphins would we have second thoughts about alien intelligence here on earth?

I'll shut up now
        Last edited by electrow; 06-29-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Life like this?

Dan
          http://musicinit.com/fastfingers.php An Experiment in 80's Technology

http://youtube.com/techristian My YOUTUBE channel
          Music videos at http://musicinit.com/video.php

Comment

• Zooey
            Zooey commented
            Editing a comment
            Vogon

In a lot of ways, we are isolated much like the Polynesian ethnic people on Easter Island, with limited "Universal View ", with limited resources and elitist fighting over limited resources with the majority serving the Elitist's biddings.
          Every once in a while the Easter Islanders would get some new visitors from Quechua South American ethnic people, but they were pretty much isolated.
          And when Europeans arrived, the different clans of the Eastern Island were reduced in social order and socio- economically in turmoil.
          When Intelligent Life does reach out to us, I hope that we are still in shape as strong grounded society.

Comment

Speculations typically reveal more about the mindset of the speculator than they do about the subject of the speculations.

The current mindset seems to revolve around the idea that extra-terrestrial life will likely pop up in places that resemble earth. Similar environment, similar evolutionary results. Any other environment would be inhospitable to life. There's certainly some reasonableness to this notion, but it's still casting a long, long speculative line over a vast gulf of unknowns, hoping to hook the actual state of affairs by little more than luck.

And this mindset is still very biased towards the earth/human model as the starting point, the central analogy. Anthropomorphic, again.

My personal take is that the universe is, in it's fundamentals and on through to it's full extent, no more understandable by the human mind than Finnegan's Wake could be understood by my cat. My cat is smart, no questions there - and probably senses and understands more than I think he does. But still just a cat.

nat

Comment

Working...
            X