Style Packs by Mats Nermark for the Atomic Amps AmpliFire

• Members

Hi,

At NAMM had a meeting with Tom King of Atomic Amps. He asked me if I was interested in doing a preset pack for the AmpliFire. I was, of course, flattered to be asked but after a while I thought, as so many others are doing preset packs for various modelers, it would be more fun to do it a bit differently.

So I came up with the idea of making Style Packs. I would identify a certain style, genre or player, and write a tune in that genre. The Style Pack would include the tune, the backing track for the tune and the presets for the AmpliFire so you can play along with the tune using the exact same presets I used. It would also include a pdf document with the chords for the tune and the production notes so you can see what instruments I used when I wrote/recorded the tune.

Tom and Marc liked the idea so I got started. At first we planned to have the Style Packs posted on the Atomic Amps web site but as Tom is insanely busy with the release of the AmpliFirebox, I decided to publish them in the Gear section on my own web site http://www.nermark.com so the Style Packs would not be unduly delayed.

The plan is to release at least one Style Pack per month for the rest of this year. Depending on the response and comments, there may be more coming next year.

The first Style Pack is called Rumble Blues and I put together a short introduction video. Please note that the audio in the video is not as good as in the Style Pack.

I hope you'll enjoy the Style Pack!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

That's an interesting idea. I think you might want to do better with the narration audio, though...if all else fails, you can double your narration with a real mic, and then use VocALign to align it with your camera audio so that the lips don't look like they're talking in a different language. :)

It also seems this could be the basis of a more educational line as well, aligned with a particular manufacturer.

• Members
That's an interesting idea. I think you might want to do better with the narration audio, though...if all else fails, you can double your narration with a real mic, and then use VocALign to align it with your camera audio so that the lips don't look like they're talking in a different language. :)

It also seems this could be the basis of a more educational line as well, aligned with a particular manufacturer.

Hi Craig,

This was done in a hurry with just an iPhone for the narrative. Since then I have acquired an iRig Mic Lav from IK Multimedia to get that better. I also will use the front lens of the iPhone for the next video to get better picture quality as well.

The main reason I wanted to do Style Packs instead of just presets was that I wanted it to have an educational element to it, so I'm all for education. Now if you know any "particular company" that would like to get in touch with me regarding educational development, please give them my details. :D

Cheers,

Mats N

Archived