Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender or Gibson?

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I connect with Fenders more with Gibsons and chances are that I always will. I like the way they feel and I like the way they sound. I do have a 335 that gets used for specific kinds of gigs, but it's never the guitar I would grab first. I would never presume to tell anyone that they should be the same way but I would be lying if I said I didn't have a strong preference.

    Most of my "Fenders" are actually G&Ls. I've got three of them.

    Comment


    • #17
      Put me down in the "all of the above" category please. I have guitars from several different companies, including both Gibson and Fender. I've loved products from both (as well as other companies) since I first started playing.
      **********

      "Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

      - George Carlin

      "It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

      "The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

      Comment


      • #18
        Ginger or Mary Ann?

        Comment


        • #19
          I'm not sure it comes down to "brand." For example I've never had good chemistry with Strats, but I like Teles. Then again, yes, I'm into the Les Paul Standard but the Gibson FBX has more of a Tele feel and I tend to use that instead of the Tele. So the bottom line there is I'm playing a Gibson because it feels like a Tele, but has more tonal options.
          Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

          Subscribe, like, and share the links!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Anderton View Post
            I'm not sure it comes down to "brand." For example I've never had good chemistry with Strats, but I like Teles. Then again, yes, I'm into the Les Paul Standard but the Gibson FBX has more of a Tele feel and I tend to use that instead of the Tele. So the bottom line there is I'm playing a Gibson because it feels like a Tele, but has more tonal options.
            I seem to have arguments with every guitar I've ever picked up. Sorry, yet at the same time a bit delighted that you too find conflict in these areas. There is a German phrase for that, which escapes me at the moment...And I'm too lazy to Google it.
            http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
              I seem to have arguments with every guitar I've ever picked up. Sorry, yet at the same time a bit delighted that you too find conflict in these areas. There is a German phrase for that, which escapes me at the moment...And I'm too lazy to Google it.
              not sure if this is the German word you that you are alluding to; Schadenfreude. ..a smug delight in someone elses misfortunes.
              Last edited by Luke17; 05-18-2017, 09:08 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Luke17 View Post

                not sure if this is the German word you that you are alluding to; Schadenfreude. ..a smug delight in someone elses misfortunes.
                That's the one...
                http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

                Comment


                • #23
                  for me fender is crafted in japan (one tele and strat) or warmoth and gibson for me is my '75 les paul custom and a es335 built by freeman keller....

                  i love them all, but they are not really current of the shelf models.
                  not sure if i want a chambered lespaul, or one of the hundreds strat models out there,

                  for strat i have my specific taste and it must fit my personal spec, thats why i bought the warmoth body and neck very simikar to my CIJ '68 reissue.....

                  for original question, i would answer also all of them above, but i'm very picky about which model to chose

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I play equally badly on both!
                    Everybody is terminally ill.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I lean toward Les Paul and SG. As Strats go I've been having Gibosnesque humbucking pickups put in the bridge position since before I could buy them that way. So when it comes down to it I make about any guitar sound like "My sound." And by the time I put the signal through all the processing (Still analog effects for the most part) my sound makes any guitar sound basically the same. But Telecasters? I had one of those a lifetime ago. I don't know what to do with those things.
                      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

                      “Music is well said to be the speech of angels... nothing among the utterances allowed to man is felt to be so divine."

                      ~Thomas Carlyle

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I love all guitar Gibson, Fender, Jackson, 1980's Kramer, Epiphone, Squire and my home assembled guitars.
                        Each guitar is special, they tend to make me play and compose differently.
                        Last edited by AJ6stringsting; 06-26-2017, 11:22 PM.
                        How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

                        Comment













                        Working...
                        X