Chuck Berry Dead at Age 90

AlamoJoe

• Members
Maximum respect. R.I.P.

It would be impossible to exaggerate how much influence he had over rock.

:idk: but I could still try !! ) :idk:

the rhyme in this couplet inspired my user name !! ( :

looked at my watch and it was 9:21 ...

0000660735.jpg

• Moderators

Having literally stood behind him...and figuratively on his shoulders...I am deeply saddened by this. An interesting man with a life no one else could have lived. RIP Mr. Berry...there will never be another one like you!

• Members

IMO Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley were equally important in the popularizing of rock and roll. They both blended what was formerly white and black music, but due to the racism of the day, I don't think Chuck got the recognition he deserved.

Chuck gave us the first R&R girlfriend "Sweet Little Sixteen", the first R&R guitar hero, "Johnny B Goode" and was important in popularizing car culture songs with "Maybelline", "No Money Down" and "No Particular Place To Go." I think I'll play "Nadine" on our gig today and send it up to the stars.

Anyone playing/singing rock music owes a debt to both of these gentlemen.

As a sax player I got to jam with a number of famous guitarists. Too bad I never got the chance to jam with Mr Berry. That could have been big fun.

RIP Chuck, the music at the great gig in the sky tonight will be better. Thank you for the music, the lyrics, the singing and the guitar playing. The world is better because you were here.

There is a Russian saying that a man dies two deaths, one when his heart stops beating, and the second one when nobody mentions his name anymore. It will be a long time before nobody mentions your name anymore.

Insights and incites by Notes

Archived