Day before Namm- just spent the afternoon perusing the aisles

bookumdano4

• Members

Cool, shiny stuff as usual. I've been a White Falcon addict since the 60's. A couple of B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L 12 string White Falcons at Gretsch. Biggest headstocks I've ever seen. Gorgeous. Tascam's Track Factory looks interesting. Tascam is now at the front of the hall rather than the back. Maybe they were here at this spot last year. Fender was way sparser than the last couple of years. Lots of space for a less-is-more look I guess. I like the previous booths better.

I'm not going tomorrow as it's gonna rain (how's that for a SCal reason to stay home). I'll go again early Friday I suppose.

• CMS Author
Exhibitor pass?

Or maybe an electrician or carpenter or friend of an exhibitor. A real exhibitor wouldn't take the first day of the show off unless he was in meetings off site all day (which some certainly are).

Having to walk 3/4 of a mile from the hotel to the convention center makes me glad I remembered to bring along an umbrella. I should have brought galoshes.

• Members

Yes, exhibitor pass every year. Since I'm so used to setup days (going back to the late 70s), it's no problem at all to step around the crates and junk in what would otherwise be aisles. In a way, setup days are the absolute best time to see the show. Then don't go near the place again :)

Electricians/carpenters would certainly be fired by any one of the zillion union bosses around if they were gawking instead of electricianing and carpentering.

Archived