Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Davies of the Kinks Knighted by the Queen of England!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Davies of the Kinks Knighted by the Queen of England!

Not sure who wins the coolness award for this one...Ray Davies, or the Queen. Good show!
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

It is about time! He's a well respected man about town...now...
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Takes the Queen a bit of time to get around to somethings,,,But a right good gal she is.

Congratulation Sir Ray!

He probably felt weird about it....When the Kinks were installed in The Rock n Roll Hall of fame i remember him saying something about it being weird, what with Rock music being about rebellion and The Hall of Fame being a bit establishment.
      http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

• TheForkWigger
        TheForkWigger commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard she was really a reptilian space alien in disguise like on V

Good, now the old Tart should dub Dave Davies 'Sir Dave' for those delicious power chords on 'you really got me' and 'All Day and all of the Night'
      I'm betting when she first heard this back in the early sixties..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2GmzyeeXnQ
      It probably made her Knickers moist.
      Last edited by Luke17; 12-31-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Let's nominate him for king!

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
          It is about time! He's a well respected man about town...now...
          I also hear he's a dedicated follower of fashion too...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• daddymack
            daddymack commented
            Editing a comment
            just lazin' on a sunny afternoon...

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

I also hear he's a dedicated follower of fashion too...
          Last edited by Phil O'Keefe; 01-04-2017, 08:13 AM. Reason: Fixed the embedded video "reaction" for you. :)

Comment

Working...
          X