If Santa Could Bring You One Piece of Gear, What Would It Be?

Anderton

• Members

I have two things I'd love Santa to bring...

fetch?filedataid=122170

A Linnstrument. Jeez, it's cool. Bob Moog would have flipped out over this, it realizes a dream that he had of making more expressive electronic instruments. Let's face it...anything that springs from Roger's brain tends to be pretty darn wonderful.

fetch?filedataid=122171

A Blueberry Burst SG Supreme. No picture can do the finish justice. I always questioned the sanity of the rich doctors and lawyers who buy guitars that they don't really play, but hang on their walls. What a waste! But with this guitar...I understand. Too bad there aren't any in Gibson's inventory right now.

• CMS Author

I'll take a 24-channel Trident 88 console, or if that won't fit on the sleigh, surely an Allen & Heath GS-R24M with analog and Firewire cards will. I'm not fussy. But, you know, they're different enough so that I could use one in Studio A and the other in Studio B, so, yeah. one of each, please.

trident-banner-88-1200x404.png

GS-R24_3Quarter_2800.jpg

• Members

Ken, do you really NEED new tires, and need to get them early? Why not just get new tires when the old ones wear out?

:D

I actually did almost need a new tire last week. Got a nail in it. All good now, though.

If we're expecting gear-related answers (because, really, most of my wishes are not physical things, particularly this year!), I will oblige:

- Apple to release an iMac with Thunderbolt 3.

And if the sleigh tips over and I find these have spilled out, I won't be upset either:

- Some sort of UA Apollo interface, maybe the 8 or 16 one, with Thunderbolt 3.

- A HD docking bay that is also Thunderbolt 3.

- A DAW that is intuitive, does not crash, is easy to figure out and/or reads my mind, is easy on the CPU, never requires updating, and sounds like audio going through a Harrison console.

- A new car that gets 30 m.p.g. and does well on dirt roads.

- A school district that understands that kids, especially those with autism, need a stable environment, not a revolving door of aides.

- A large big-beamed ranch-style house amidst the redwoods in the Santa Cruz Mountains overlooking the Pacific with a jacuzzi.

- A camera that can automatically focus on stars with pin-point accuracy instead of me having to do it manually (this is more for the sake of my personal convenience than anything else) and has no discernible noise up through ISO 100,000 and no hot pixels.

- A live-in masseuse and an endless supply of massage oil.

- A live-in maid.

- A live-in gourmet chef.

- An avocado tree.

• Members

We just spent $100K on all new gear for our company. Another $20k to go for a truck, roadcases and Misc. stuff...The ONLY things I want are GP-10 Synth or GR-55 and Midi pickup for my acoustic and electric guitars:)

Guns are another story!!!! So many I want!!

• Members
Ken' date=' if Santa can bring you those, see if there are any 2-for-1 specials.[/quote']

Yeah, no kidding, I certainly will!

More than any other season, my true wishes have nothing to do with gear or physical things. Some who interact with me on Facebook will know exactly what those wishes have been. I need to be vague here, but they all have to do with positive wishes for the future of people in our country and around the world.

• Members

i didnt want anything, but my wife is completely incorrigible... she found a 12 string epiphone almost indistinguishable from one i had when she met me... i was 13 and that epi was my second real guitar. it was stolen years later when i had played at a friends wedding... i dont need or want another 12, actually just wanted the faded blue, construction paper heart with our names on it... had been our homecoming dance seating card my junior year of high school,1975.. she also found a sweet little snail series amahi ukulele in koa, plays like buttah! this was the girls "b" list... the sitar she found had been sold and she said the others werent to her liking.

yes, she has sisters.

no, there isnt another woman like her on the planet.

• Members

As a keyboard player, the Dave Smith / Oberheim OB6 is a gem. I would probably get the tabletop version to save space.

There are always great plugins out there as well... The OP-X Pro II, Omnisphere, Trillian, a great sample piano, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think I need to amend my response on this... Keys are great, but right now a fantastic set of NFMs would be the best add to my studio.

It's a small room (14' x 12' x 8') and it's heavily treated, but my old Event PS-8s leave a lot to be desired. They were the best I could afford at the time.

My next pair will be a sealed cabinet, and the Unity Audio Rock mkII or Super Rock are prime candidates.

Drool...

Archived