The Beatles Never Existed?????????

Notes_Norton

• Members

I particularly like the picture showing the height comparisons...someone standing further away is going to look shorter than someone standing close by if they're the same height.

BTW I'm an authority on this topic because there are several clones of me, and not all the copies turned out exactly the same.

I know for a fact the Beatles never landed on the moon.

Many people don't realize that the title for Pink Floyd's epic album The Dark Side Of The Moon was actually inspired by the first visits the astronauts took to Craig's place... which is why he can definitely say the Beatles never landed on the moon. If they did, he would have noticed.

My first thought was that this was unbelievable, but on further reflection, I'm really not surprised that there's a site like that, or that there are people who sincerely believe it was a big conspiracy or some kind of hoax, with multiple people playing the role of each "Beatle." After all, it wasn't uncommon for fans to come up with all kinds of crazy theories about all sorts of Beatles related stuff. Anyone remember the whole Paul Is Dead thing? How about the Manson Family, "Helter Skelter" and their twisted interpretations of the White Album?

What was it that John said about that stuff? Oh yeah, that's right - It was in the 1971 Rolling Stone interview:

Were any of those things really on the album that were said to be there? The clues?

No. That was bull****************, the whole thing was made up. We wouldn’t do anything like that. We did put in like “tit, tit, tit” in “Girl,” and many things I don’t remember, like a beat missing or something like that could be interpreted like that. Some people have got nothing better to do than study Bibles and make myths about it and study rocks and make stories about how people used to live. It’s just something for them to do. They live vicariously.

Source

Were the Beatles actually multiple people and not just the four? I can't imagine (sorry) the notoriously honest post-Beatle John Lennon going along with such a scheme - YMMV.

• Members

I have a friend who is a huge Beatles fan (as am I). He showed me several different web sites similar to that one, and had, as they say, drank the koolaid...

My reaction to all this was: So what? If true, what does it matter? If false, what does it matter?

He was aghast at my response. He said, No No you don't understand, this changes EVERYTHING!

But he couldn't really tell me how this would change... well, anything.

• Members

I'm not sure what drives people to come up with these theories. It sure seems to me they come up with the conspiracy theory first, and then try to come up with ways to justify it.

I just wish all the time they put into this kind of endeavor could be allocated for my use...

• Members
Many people don't realize that the title for Pink Floyd's epic album The Dark Side Of The Moon was actually inspired by the first visits the astronauts took to Craig's place... which is why he can definitely say the Beatles never landed on the moon. If they did' date=' he would have noticed.[/quote']

Thanks for backing me up on that, Phil. Elvis didn't see them either.

• Members

Actually, it doesn't matter.

So many bands had "The Wrecking Crew", "The Swampers" or other great musicians record their tracks, but the records were great and even knowing that fact, I still enjoy them.

I feel sorry for the original band members who then have to memorize the lines made up on the spot by the studio musicians.

• Members

Elvis showed up on our last gig, on Tuesday. He is fat, bald, but can still sing his ___ off!!! Left in a gold Cadillac (of course) and as he walked out, I announced "Elvis has left the building!"

I'm glad someone came up with the moon, because I was thinking alien abduction and replacement myself.

Thanks to all for taking this in the humor it was intended :D

BTW, at one time there were several different Miracles, Platters, Four Tops and other groups touring the country at the same time, but I don't think they could have gotten away with that with the Beatles. Most of the public didn't know there were two "Jays" in Jay And The Americans, and one of them had to change his name to Jay (IMHO Jay #2 was a more capable singer).

When radio and records were the media, you didn't really recognize any of the faces so it was easy to do. And when the record companies owned the name of the group, they could do whatever they wanted to maximize their profits.

Many years ago I did gigs in the same venue as a guy who was a member of one of the touring Platters. We became good friends. He was never on any of the records, didn't sound like Tony Williams, but was a great singer and an excellent performer. His status as a former Platter on the bill made the audience love him before he hit the stage. And if the record company who owned the name of the Platters hired him, he was really one of the Platters. He delivered two excellent shows, and at the end of the show, everybody was happy.

Notes

• Members

Some rules of thumb to keep in mind when presented with someone's "evidence" regarding outlandish theories and such:

1. never forget the burden of proof is on the person with the evidence. Don't get trapped into thinking you have to disprove their evidence/argument or else you're obligated to say, "geez, maybe you're onto something". If they haven't had their evidence checked out by reliable experts/authorites - if their presentation is just one interpretation among many possible interpretations - if your common sense simply rebels, that's a good thing, you know, common sense. Make the guy with the theory overcome all these things. 'Till then, he's just blowing smoke.

2. remember what it takes to really establish that something actually happened or didn't happen. It takes a whole lot - just think of the innumerable hung juries trying to assess whether any interpretation of the "facts" lead to a conclusion beyond a reasonable doubt. Set the bar high, be a hard sell.

3. what we call "facts" are typically a mixed bundle of perceptions, measurements, unexamined preconceptions, points of view, interpretations, hearsay, even lies at times. It takes brain skills and work to unpack those little bundles, see what they are really made of. That's why there is a periodic table of the elements, but there is no periodic table of the facts.

4. as far as photos or film goes as evidence - that's a whole field in itself. Gather a bunch of photos of yourself taken with different cameras, different light, different years, processed differently, and you should be able to posit multiple "yous" pretty easily. And we're not even going to think about the evil potential of photoshop.

5. don't be a rube. And if you do fall into that role (I have a time or ten), just be humble enough to admit it - don't make it worse by teasing some tiny chance some theory "could be" correct into thinking that makes it a respectable position.

6. remember possibilities are not probabilities.

have a happy conspiracy-free Holiday!!!

nat whilk ii

Archived