How did you get that sound?

Chris Loeffler

• Members

Glad you like it!

(For those who have no clue what he's talking about, "Have Just a Little Faith" is the song that opens Side 2 of my

. You can check it out on my YouTube channel and of course, you'll hit the "like button...right?)

Anyway...yes, all done in SONAR. I have several ways to do Through-Zero Flanging, I'm pretty sure this one used the Sonitus plug-ins included with SONAR - modulation in parallel with a short delay.

The massed vocals were semi-unintentional, though. I comped the lines into multiple Take Lanes, but then instead of picking the best bits and creating a comp, just let them ALL play back. Not quite Bohemian Rhapsody, but hey...

Also since you mentioned it there's an interesting note about the slide guitar. I had one of the first Gibson guitars with the zero-fret nut to test out. I just raised the nut as high as I could, used G Force to tune to an open scale, and voila - instant slide guitar. That's why there's quite a bit of slide on the album, I can convert to a slide in under a minute. Getting it back to a normal guitar takes longer, though, because you need to lower the nut just the right amount.

• Members
Hang in there...I believe supplemental tutorial materials are coming.

Hey I realize it's a new product...I'll hang Bro....I'm just fairly new to this digital immersion thang....It's a long way from 4 track cassette and RTR World...Which is my world of familiarity.

Archived