How did you get that sound?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you get that sound?

Craig-

Way to open the B-side of your new album... I love the TZF intro followed by an (unexpended) slide part. All done in Cakewalk?
    .com/

Glad you like it!

(For those who have no clue what he's talking about, "Have Just a Little Faith" is the song that opens Side 2 of my "virtual vinyl" video album, Neo-. You can check it out on my YouTube channel and of course, you'll hit the "like button...right?)

Anyway...yes, all done in SONAR. I have several ways to do Through-Zero Flanging, I'm pretty sure this one used the Sonitus plug-ins included with SONAR - modulation in parallel with a short delay.

The massed vocals were semi-unintentional, though. I comped the lines into multiple Take Lanes, but then instead of picking the best bits and creating a comp, just let them ALL play back. Not quite Bohemian Rhapsody, but hey...

Also since you mentioned it there's an interesting note about the slide guitar. I had one of the first Gibson guitars with the zero-fret nut to test out. I just raised the nut as high as I could, used G Force to tune to an open scale, and voila - instant slide guitar. That's why there's quite a bit of slide on the album, I can convert to a slide in under a minute. Getting it back to a normal guitar takes longer, though, because you need to lower the nut just the right amount.
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I just bought Sonar's new Home Studio...I'm still in the tutorial stage though. Helluva learning curve for an Old Guy like me though.
      http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Hang in there...I believe supplemental tutorial materials are coming.
        N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post
          Hang in there...I believe supplemental tutorial materials are coming.
          Hey I realize it's a new product...I'll hang Bro....I'm just fairly new to this digital immersion thang....It's a long way from 4 track cassette and RTR World...Which is my world of familiarity.
          http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Working...
          X