The latest NAMM TECnology Hall of Fame Inductees

Phil O'Keefe

http://www.harmonycentral.com/news/the-namm-foundation-announces-eight-tecnology-hall-of-fame-inductees

Looks like they selected some really cool / legendary products this time around - at least IMHO. In fact, I don't think there's a single item on the list that I'd quibble about. All are solid choices.

What do you think of the selections?

• Members

The only animal on that list not made in any remote physical form (plugins don't count, physical clones do) is the 80-8. So a re-release is in store except with dc motors and this time with a built-in pitch control. I believe a 25-2 similar nostalgic beast as well. Priced accordingly to keep the riff raff out. You didn't hear it from me. I didn't say it. I have no way to know about things like this. I don't know what I'm talking about. There is no anniversary project going on. I don't work for anyone. I'm not associated with anyone. I'm too rich to be associated with anyone. I'm too much a jerk for anyone to confide any nda type info with me. I take Ambien so can not be trusted late at night behind the wheel. It'll have more orange this time along with the browns and tan. Don't ask me where tape is coming from.... it's none of your business. The sortof cute thing is the logo will still say Teac like the first time. But then it should in the name of nostalgia. No, I did not say that stuff on an internet forum. Release date? Well, count how old you were when the first 80-8 rolled out with the 90-16 tests to the first five dealers. Then subtract ten from your age then. Then divide that by three. Add a zero at the end of the number and that's how many months away. If you weren't born yet, you aren't allowed to buy a re-release anyway so don't bother with the math. Am I absolutely sure of all this. Of course I am. Can I prove it? sure. Will I prove it? No way. Why? Because I already told you I'm not associated with anything in this solar system that has anything to do with this topic. Plus, I don't feel like it. Besides, I'm seriously thinking of working for the trump bunch if some forward motion momentum gets happening eight or so months from now. I won't have time for tape recorders.

• CMS Author
The only animal on that list not made in any remote physical form (plugins don't count, physical clones do) is the 80-8. So a re-release is in store except with dc motors and this time with a built-in pitch control. I believe a 25-2 similar nostalgic beast as well.

TASCAM offered a replacement capstain motor with variable speed. I never got one since I didn't really have a need for it, but I did have the conpanion dbx unit. I also had a 25-2. One of Dan Dugan's first products, maybe his first commercial release (he said he couldn't rmember if he ever sold one) was a set of eight single band sweepable low frequency filters to tune out the about 3-dB "head bump" for flatter frequency response. The 80-8 electronics involved a fair amount of cost-cutting, everything at -10 dB levels on RCA connectors, but the transport was a real brute and very stable.

George Petersen was going to but me on the list of nominators but that never happend. Still, I think this is a pretty good crop.

Archived