Dr. Strange Movie in 3D

Anderton

• Members

I don't go to a lot of movies, so when I do, I check out the 3D versions (IMAX if possible). With that in mind...if you want to see a mind-blowing use of 3D in movies, the Dr. Strange movie is off the hook. My jaw dropped to the floor and didn't snap back until the movie was over.

Rumor has it there's some kind of plot but I couldn't tell you for sure, my eyeballs were on "sensory overload." I don't know what it's like in 2D, but it's hard to imagine it would have even a fraction of the impact. Dr. Strange takes the building-folding tech of inception along with some of the tricks from the Matrix, but juices them up with all the technological advances that have happened since then. If the movie is still playing in 3D in your area, and you have nothing better to do this holiday weekend than experience some astonishing visuals, I definitely the movie a thumbs up.

• Members
Me and my Boy saw it last weekend,,,Wow is all I can say...it was truly mindblowing...And there was a plot Craig lol..

About halfway through I thought I have to see this movie again. I probably missed half of what was going on because I was so blown away by the other half!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Phil, this is the last week in many theaters for Dr. Strange in 3D; the Imax run is long gone. Get it while you can! Everyone I've recommended it to has thanked me, particularly those who weren't planning on going. It will really open your eyes to what 3D can do, but also, it's a precursor to what virtual reality will be like in a decade or so.

Phil' date=' I'm going to see it again Saturday. Now, you've known me long enough to know how conscious I am of time, and it's something I don't waste. Draw your own conclusions![/quote']

Conclusion drawn - it must be one heck of a great movie!

Now if I can only convince the wife... ;)

Archived