No announcement yet.

Harman bought out by Samsung

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harman bought out by Samsung

Anyone have a spare 8 billion laying around?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
    Damn, I left it in my other pants.
    Last edited by Notes_Norton; 11-14-2016, 09:49 AM. Reason: typo
    Bob "Notes" Norton
    Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com
    Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box
    The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Comment

Originally posted by Notes_Norton View Post
      Damn, I left it in my other pants.
      I HATE it when that happens!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Maybe finally I'll be able to get a Kia van with a Studer 827 pre-installed.
        --
        "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
        Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

I'm a little short on the 8 billion, but I'd happily split it with you guys...Harman is headquartered about 5 miles from here...I wonder if they'll move?
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
          "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I doubt they'll be moving - the article said they're going to keep their current staff, management and facilities.

- George Carlin

Comment

I sure hope my C414 mic doesn't catch fire!

Maybe we'll finally see a Studer app.

Best,

Geoff
              Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Comment

Harman stock went up 25% today on the news. Everybody must want an exploding car radio.
                --
                "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006

Comment

• 1001gear
                  1001gear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  and Korean subs.

Samsung says Harman will remain a separate entity of which Studer remains a separate entity. If I get hired by Studer, should I hype up Samsung to let us do tape recorders or should I shut my mouth and get some neato discounts on these instead?.... http://www.samsungshi.com/eng/Product/ship_prd01.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by bookumdano4 View Post
                  If I get hired by Studer, should I hype up Samsung to let us do tape recorders or should I shut my mouth and get some neato discounts on these instead?
                  Tell them to develop a remote control app for the Vista consoles that I can run on my $35 phone. If that doesn't work, convince Samsung mobile device marketing to include USB OTG on all of their devices, not only the high end ones. Wouldh't you like to be able to use a mouse in your car? Or a printer? Or a Focusrite Scarlett recording interface?

--

Comment

Working...
                  X