Adobe Voco- HA, remember how I asked how many more decades before something like this?

bookumdano4

• Members

Well, here we go. I thought it would be another 20 years for this. We ain't in Vocaloid territory any more.

Load in an isolated vocal of say, Sinatra singing something or other, type YOUR lyrics in as text, they replace FRANK"S lyrics, and there you go. Cut, paste, a little Elastique, Melodyne here and there for re-phrasing,, re-load into your head-banger self-written instrumental track and you've got Sinatra (or Taylor Swift etc) singing about slashing the dudes and riding Harley's after midnight. The possibilities (and lawsuits) are endless. So cool. If it works half well.

• Members
looks like it needs 20 minutes of source material (speaking?) to create the model from... and no, it's not available - it's an experimental project they were demonstrating...

Yeah, Adobe was demoing with spoken voices. I'd look to guys like Peter whats-his-name from Melodyne to unravel the current Adobe approach and make it workable for sung notes. Which no doubt several super-tech brains will figure out sooner than later (everyone can't just keep coming up with new virtual mic pre plugs for the next seven years). Adobe themselves may not really care much.

I see this as cutting edge stuff with mindblowing possibilities (and for sure, lawsuits) that will arrive relatively soon. I have to revisit how the statutes work when you trademark a particular voice. I vaguely remember tv coffee commercials etc getting in hot water for impersonating known voices in the background.

Dunno what will happen when some kid starts posting videos in five years of Robert Plant singing "Stitches". For now, I'd be vewwy cawful about letting any of my isolated sung vocal tracks up there on youtube.

Archived