Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are the Initial Reports on Sierra?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are the Initial Reports on Sierra?

Haven't updated my MacBook Pro yet...El Capitan was problematic so I waited until after it had some tweaks. So is Sierra good to go?
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

There are several music software manufacturers who are asking users to wait to update to Sierra, so I'm sticking with Yosemite for the time being. Sierra doesn't seem to be the problem that El Capitan was though.

Best,

Geoff
    Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Grace View Post
      There are several music software manufacturers who are asking users to wait to update to Sierra, so I'm sticking with Yosemite for the time being.
      I've heard similar reports Geoff.

I'd recommend waiting a bit until they get it all sorted out.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Works fine on my late 2013 MBP. All my programs and external drives and devices are running as they should. Biggest change I've noticed is it now takes almost 2 minutes to boot (with internal SSD drive). The screen just sits there black for more than a minute before you get the apple to appear. I thought something was broken but it's not. I do miss the 15second boot is was used to with earlier operating systems but it's not a big problem.

I was looking forward to getting one of the newly released MBPs but they just don't move the needle enough for me to spend the $$$.
        Last edited by dboomer; 10-31-2016, 05:34 PM.
        Don Boomer

Comment

How about wi-fi? That was one of the big problems with El Capitan.
          N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
          X