No announcement yet.

Please help me identify this song

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me identify this song

I came up with a chord sequence that sounds so familiar but I can't think of what song it is.
    Can anyone identify a song that uses these chords (or the equivalent in another key)

Em B Em B Em B (G A) B (G A) B
    Best deals on recording
    Gismo Studios: link
    My original music on ReverbNation: link
    Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
    Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Sounds quazical in piano style. ie e g b, d# f# b etc. What does the G and A in parentheses denote?

The actual voicings would help.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

• gismo recording
      gismo recording commented
      Editing a comment
      The parens mean play a half bar of each chord vs a full bar of the other chords.

• gismo recording
      gismo recording commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah and it's piano style as my first instrument was piano. I came up with this on guitar though. Ideally it's all barre chords but I have a problem playing barre chords for too long so I play 7th fret barre chords for the Em and B, then on the G A B part I play open string chords for the G and A then barre the 2nd fret for the B

Why worry about it? As long as your melody is unique, there is no copyright issue, and lord knows how many songs have been written using existing chord patterns.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
    "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
      Why worry about it? As long as your melody is unique, there is no copyright issue, and lord knows how many songs have been written using existing chord patterns.
      Yeah I know. It's not like it's the 12 bar blues progression but I'm pretty sure there's a song I know that has those same chords but it's bugging me that I can't remember what it is.
      Best deals on recording
      Gismo Studios: link
      My original music on ReverbNation: link
      Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
      Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

Comment

Working...
      X