Artificial Intelligence Music Beatles Style

tbry

• Members

Am I too easily impressed? Or is this actually an impressive achievement? I dunno, AI writing music that is better than many people write, if not the Beatles, is a remarkable achievement to me.

"The music for ‘Daddy’s Car,’was written entirely by AI and put together by French composer Benoît Carré. Carré also wrote the lyrics and arranged the harmonies."

I know we dislike the very idea of machines doing what we do. And what we do is art. That's disconcerting. But I'm also impressed that any machine can do something like that.

Sorry to always be the minority opinion. Carry on.

• Members

I'd like to hear what it sounded like before Carre "put it together," wrote the lyrics, and arranged the harmonies...the song meanders a lot, but not in a planned, Taylor Swift kinda way. I don't see the future of AI as writing songs, but generating ideas that humans then edit and whip into shape.

• Members
I'd like to hear what it sounded like before Carre "put it together' date='" wrote the lyrics, and arranged the harmonies...the song meanders a lot, but not in a planned, Taylor Swift kinda way. I don't see the future of AI as [i']writing [/i]songs, but generating ideas that humans then edit and whip into shape.

That's what I would love to know as well. It's difficult to determine what was what beforehand.

I don't want to sell AI short or anything, as who knows what can occur in the future. But in the immediate future, I would agree, AI might be good at generating ideas that humans whip into shape.

But if AI did a fair amount of the music, I'm impressed. Do I want to drive around with this tune in my car? No. But the advances that AI has made, even in a creative area such as music, seems impressive to me.

Archived