Mark Longworth/ Saul T. Nads/ Marky de Sad

Luke17

• Members

long time no hear...

He pretty much closed down his second forum 'The Asylum'...haven't seen him post anywhere in awhile.

I don't do Facebook, so I don't know if he has been active there.

I know like many of us, he is prone to periods of melancholy.

I do believe he is one of the most talented singer-songwriters out there..

should have been famous years ago..

I know that I am not alone in this assessment of his talent.

Craig, I know he sometimes is in touch with you ,even when he is incommunicado with most.

Just hoping he is well.

Mark, if you see this post; Cheers.

• Members

I've been wondering too, but I've been leaving him alone since it appears that what he wants. I'll be sending him the files for my final, mastered album when it's done. Actually it is done, I just want to put the new audio files on the videos prior to re-posting. He gets a thank-you in the credits :) That album never would have happened if I hadn't felt the need to cover "Black Market Daydreams."

• Members

A fella Luke and I both know in England has assured me that nothing bad has happened to Mark. He did not elaborate further, and I did not push for any more information, grateful just to hear that nothing horrid had befallen him.

He's an enormously talented person, and people like that seem to need a great deal of time to themselves from time to time.

The late author Shelby Foote, after writing a couple of successful novels, was approached by a publisher to write a book about the American Civil War. He hesitated and demurred, then after quite some time spent in consideration, told the publisher he could only do it if he did the entire history of the conflict.

It ended up being three full volumes...And it took him twenty years.

It was a masterpiece.

Genius wobbles at a different wavelength than most of us do. Mark is a genius.

• Members
A fella Luke and I both know in England has assured me that nothing bad has happened to Mark. He did not elaborate further, and I did not push for any more information, grateful just to hear that nothing horrid had befallen him.

He's an enormously talented person, and people like that seem to need a great deal of time to themselves from time to time.

The late author Shelby Foote, after writing a couple of successful novels, was approached by a publisher to write a book about the American Civil War. He hesitated and demurred, then after quite some time spent in consideration, told the publisher he could only do it if he did the entire history of the conflict.

It ended up being three full volumes...And it took him twenty years.

It was a masterpiece.

Genius wobbles at a different wavelength than most of us do. Mark is a genius.

Shelby Foote...what an amazing writer...he eschewed the typewriter and wrote all his books in long hand, using ink and a nib pen.

You got that right about Saul T. being a genius Alamo Joe..

• Members

You got that right about Saul T. being a genius Alamo Joe..

Well, except he's really stupid in terms recognizing how good his voice is. When he did the backing vocals for "I Want My Heaven Now" he said I mixed them too high in the draft version. So for the final mix, I raised the level just to spite him :) Although it actually sounded better, too.

• Members

Well, except he's really stupid in terms recognizing how good his voice is. When he did the backing vocals for "I Want My Heaven Now" he said I mixed them too high in the draft version. So for the final mix, I raised the level just to spite him :) Although it actually sounded better, too.

I believe he really trusts you....and you more than anyone...realizes he is very protective of his music...

It's like that old TV show we watched as kids...'Father Knows Best'...

you, being Jim Anderson, rather than Craig Anderton.:-)

• Members

You've spoken of your preference for bringing the vocals forward before. In fact you spoke to me about it. I Hate my voice and I think Mark hates his as well. It's a hard hill to get over.

• Members

You've spoken of your preference for bringing the vocals forward before. In fact you spoke to me about it. I Hate my voice and I think Mark hates his as well. It's a hard hill to get over.

It's your voice. It expresses who you are. It is like no one else, and unique. Therefore at least to me, it's of interest. I've never met you so it's the only bridge I have to who you are, other than a bunch of pixels on a computer screen in a text-only format.

Suppose we're sitting at a restaurant and you start saying talking about something really interesting, with informed, insightful comments. Believe me, my first reaction will NOT be "Well I'd like to stay and hear what you're saying, but you don't have a voice like a radio announcer, so I'll see you later."

Seriously!

Our world is filled with very successful and popular singers who have voices most people would hate. But they didn't, so they reaped the rewards...whether you're talking Mark Mothersbaugh, David Byrne, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Kraftwerk...the list goes on.

You are who you are. Own it, be proud of it, and put it out there!

• Members

In fact, I don't have a particularly good voice. But as someone once said to me, "Your voice is very 'human,' you should sing more." That flicked a switch in my brain...yeah...so what if it's not the greatest voice in the world? If people can relate to it, well hey, that's why I'm singing in the first place :)

Are there better singers than me? Better guitar players? Better songwriters? Sure there are. But none of them does what I do, and some people really like what I do.

Besides, who else is doing "Neo-Psychedelic Music for the 21st Century?" It's easy to be #1 when there's no competition!

• Members

Mark jumps off the train now and then as I learned the hard way.

I really got upset the last time he did this because I thought something happened to him. He didn`t respond to my emails or anything on FB that I wrote to him. I had to contact Mr. Anderton who reassured me he was a live and well. I also happened to join his forum but Mark bailed which pissed me off a bit. I think he's a good guy but forgets people actually care about him.

Its funny how you care for people you`ve never met... I`ve known some of you for 15-16 years now on SSS and now with FB, I get so see you a bit more which is cool. Yeah, he's a talented lad but thats no excuse for going MIA and not responding to an email or PM. There are lots of talented folks here...

• Members

Often when people get depressed (and he's a candidate), they withdraw from the world because it becomes a strange and fearsome place. It's hard for "normal" people to understand but it's very real. You even pray the phone won't ring because you can't cope with the concept of interacting...you spend every ounce of energy trying to cope with something for which you have no explanation and for which no one can offer a solution. Any kind of interaction is fraught with danger because it may be the one from which you don't return.

I'm not saying that's what's happening, but people don't go MIA because they want to or because they're selfish, any more than a turtle retreats into his shell for similar reasons.

• Members

^ Roger that..I mentioned bouts of melancholy in my first post...Tim Beck described Musicians in general very succinctly added a touch of humor in post # 6..

Ernest, I was on both of his Forums..We had a pretty good crowd working there..

I was pissed at him too for dropping it and us just when things were getting moving and I let him know it..

His second forum, he vowed not to do it again...but he did.

I wasnt mad or disappointed the second time..It was then I realized he had some serious issues and could only empathize with him.

• Members
^ Roger that..I mentioned bouts of melancholy in my first post...Tim Beck described Musicians in general very succinctly added a touch of humor in post # 6..

I was pissed at him too for dropping it and us just when things were getting moving and I let him know it..

I wasn't mad or disappointed the second time..It was then I realized he had some serious issues and could only empathize with him.

I was there for all of it on both of his Forums as well. I was confused and a bit ticked the first time as well, but repressed the anger. Mistake. I blew up at him later on a different forum. We got past it though. I really wasn't surprised he disappeared again..Hope he resurfaces...

For the record, he only promised he wouldn't shut down the second forum, which he hasn't. It's dead as a beaver hat in there though. I post in there every now and then just so He'll know I'm still around and watching, even though he doesn't respond...Or even login himself...

• Members

I wasnt mad or disappointed the second time..It was then I realized he had some serious issues and could only empathize with him.

Yeah, when he invited me to his 2nd forum, I told him no thanks.

Archived