Roland kc-300 connections.

• Members

Has any one used the stereo link feature of the kc-300 as ive just added the MXR m234 to my set up and it sounds great in stereo.

As stereo links out put according to the specs is at 0dvm I am assuming you could just attach a passive speaker as it would be after the amp in the kc.

Also, to preserve the stereo signal to FOH am thinking I'd now use a the stereo line outs on TRS from the back of the amp to a stereo DI. Before I just DId in mono with a thru to a channel in the amp for monitoring.

All advice or creative solutions and experiences gratefully accepted.

• Members

First, welcome to the forum!

Here's a link to the KC-300 manual. The manual isn't in the legacy products category, although the KC-300 has been discontinued.

It looks like the signal coming out of the KC-300 for the stereo link is line level, so it would not drive a speaker unless it was a powered speaker. I assume the main advantage of linking to another KC-300 would be that the sound quality/tone would be the same for both channels, however I think if you fed a flat "personal PA" (e.g., Cerwin-Vega P-Series etc.) the sound differences would be relatively minor, and you could compensate for major differences with the tone controls. Try borrowing a suitable amp (probably not a guitar amp, but something that handles line levels) and feed the Stereo Link out to the line input. You may not need another KC-300.

As to the FOH situation, either a stereo DI or two mono DIs should do the job. Hope this helps!

Archived