Prince Archive

• Members

There's probably no point to this thread except to express my apathy regarding Prince but that admitted, there is talk of a in iceberg of unreleased material at the house.

So what's the word? There must be people who observed those sessions. (?) Nuther Zappa?

I suspect we'll hear a lot of it eventually. As long as there's a demand for it, it has value to his heirs - if it's released. Scuttlebutt is that there's numerous album's worth of completed recordings. I don't think it will come down to it being "finished by others" or anything like that. Frankly, I'd think that would be less valuable than the stuff he completed himself.

• Members

Given the fact that he seemed to create something musical everyday...I'd think it might take years to even listen to all the material. Once his estate has been settled, I hope whomever ends up with the material resists the opportunity to go for a quick cash grab and has the good sense to realize that his unreleased material deserves a professional audit,

• Members
Given the fact that he seemed to create something musical everyday...I'd think it might take years to even listen to all the material. Once his estate has been settled, I hope whomever ends up with the material resists the opportunity to go for a quick cash grab and has the good sense to realize that his unreleased material deserves a professional audit,

Just the fact that you made that comment means...I nominate you :)

• Members

I dunno. Extraordinarily clever, sure. Prolific, yes. Pop phenom, undeniably. His releases just never got my attention. Only fragments; probably hooks from Purple Rain, Doves, and 1999 are all that made it into my head. Srsly just those.

Archived