Just started to use Ableton Live… some observations

• Members

Hey Gang,

Long time user of DIGITAL PERFORMER since ver. 2.7 but I recently started to dabble with a LIVE demo and finally purchased the Standard Edition. I don`t know if its just me but it seems like Live is a lot more stable than DP and when programming the drums, it also seems like the drums stay in time whereas in DP, they seemed to drift.

Is it just me? I`m a bit baffled by this.

I also have to say, I`ve been a REASON user since 2005 and it has never quit on me, and yes, the drums there too never drifted on me like they do/did in DP.

Have you had similar between experiences?

EB

• Members

The audio engine in Live is, IMHO, the best there is in terms of stability. Live was designed from the ground up for stability in live performance. The tradeoff is not having some features found in other DAWs, but in my experience, the only way to get Live's audio to crash is to drop your laptop from a height of at least six feet onto a concrete floor.

I think you probably know I use SONAR in the studio, Live for live performance, and Studio One for album assembly...right tool for the right job, and all that. And Reason makes a fabulous instrument rack for any of them :)

Archived